Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmousncg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
    Cat in labor not using towels
    Had a stray cat, somehow, sneak into my basement. It has had a big belly for month but then my girlfriend & noticed it slimmed down. We just assumed it had the kittens already. During the heavy rains from Hurricane Sany, here in Ohio we hear a terribly loud meow coming from the basement.
    Check it out & it's the stray cat. Not moving. Laying on its side. I try to give it some food. Won't take. Lay some water down. Nothing. Lift it up and lay it on a clean, warm, towel & it meows some more.
    Come back to check on it & she has pushed most of the towel out from underneath her and moved her body. I can see the face of the kitten starting to stick out so I know she's in labor. What I want to know is, why is she not using the towel & laying on the cold, poured concrete?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Has she delivered a kitten yet? Maybe the cold concrete feels better than a warm towel right now.

Find a cardboard box and put old towels in it for later. Is she now always in the basement, or does she go outside? (I hope she doesn't for the kittens' sake.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In a normal home situation should paper towels be flushed down a toilet? [ 8 Answers ]

This is being done consistently and the person doing so does not believe that paper towels can clog our sewer line leading to the main sewer line in the street. Should this person be told not to flush white paper towels (like used for cleaning)?

Towels smell sludgy after being dried in gas dryer [ 3 Answers ]

We have a new gas dryer, new vent and vents outside. Vent is about 8" long and straight. Our towels after being used once smell kind of sludgy. We replaced our copper lines with ABS, replaced our washing machine with new front loader, thinking this was the problem. I noticed when we replaced...

My Dryer takes 2 loads to dry clothes/towels [ 0 Answers ]

I have cleaned out the ductwork - always every other month. Lint filter is kept constantly clean. The dryer seems hot - but it still takes 2 loads to dry stuff Clothes are spun out well frpm the washer. Sears Kenmore Model #970-C85192-00

Bad dishwasher! I'm running out of towels! [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a free GE Potscrubber portable dishwasher. Free because it was nasty dirty. Got it home and plugged it in and listened to it hum and click and thunk for about four hours before it finally remembered that it was a dishwasher. Finally, it ran through all its cycles and even drained into...

Towels smell after washing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore front load washing machine. Every time I wash my towels they come out smelling like dust or dirt (not mildew). Any ideas how I can get this to stop??

View more questions Search