Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Oct 29, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Ants in Water Pump Switch
    Ants ( & lizards ) keep getting getting into the pressure switch & fouling the contacts. Removing the pests are easy enough but prevention is a better answer. This is in Florida which has always been the insect capital of the US. Any ideas for prevention would be appreciated.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Tape, caulk or silicone where electrical wires enter the switch to seal. Wrap a couple wraps of electrical tape where cover meets the base. Remove cover hold down nut and put a small "O" ring on shaft to seal. That should give you an air tight switch compartment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Water pump electrical switch [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced the electrical switch on my water pump. When the pressure gets to 40 psi the switch keeps flickering on and off at a fast rate. Does that mean I have a bad switch and need to replace it again?

Water Pump Pressure Switch [ 14 Answers ]

I own a large acre property and am having some plumbing issues. I’ll try and explain this best I can. The Old System: Water was pumped out of the well, through a pressure tank, a holding tank, and then a couple hundred feet up a hill to a 5000 gallon metal tank. From here the water was...

I need to remove the well water pump pressure switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove the well water pump pressure switch. I'm sure the orifice is clogged AGAIN(two years ago). I did remove it, but forgot how I did it. Can you give me the individual steps to remove this switch? Deane

Water Pump Pressure Switch [ 9 Answers ]

I have a "jet pump" for our grey water cistern. I have problems with the pressure switch. It has a "Square D" pressure switch on it. When I manually tun the switch on "things work" but when I rely on it working automatically, sometimes it does and more often it doesn't. Especially if it is left...

View more questions Search