Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ja13981limit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Heil gas furnace--replace air pressure switch but won't start
    Model NTGM075EGA3 Heil gas furnace I replaced the air pressure switch per serviceman advice but am not sure if the furnace is supposed to automatically startup ? It didn't. How do I know if it has a pilot light? I see no pilot button to push. This furnace is about 12years old. If it has a hot surface ignitor was it supposed to autolight?

The only place I see to possibly light the furnace is where there are four holes about one-half inch in size under the silver metal box where a small window is--I assume this is where the burners are Am I to put a match in one of the holes?Seems dangerous to me

Lastly there were no instructions on the air pressure switch--does it matter which electrical plug go into which metal point. I saw a positive and negative for the hoses and think I got those replaced like the old one.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace a heil furnace blower :youtube.com [ 0 Answers ]

I need to replace my blower on my heil furnace model#NUGK075DG01. IT'S MAKING a ton of noise , I pulled the lower front cover off the furnace & tried to run the central air [ the blower fan?? Was making a lot of noise Any suggestions ? Thanks, Geno

Won't start-deck engage switch is causing it to start or not start [ 0 Answers ]

I must engage deck plunger several times to get the tractor to start sometimes it never starts 1 year old-aprill 2011

Heil electric furnace blower won't auto cycle. [ 0 Answers ]

My Heil electric furnace blower won't cycle. The heating elements come on fine and cycle. The blower will turn on if I over-ride and turn it on. But the blower will not cycle on its own. Is there a dirty sensor? Relay out?

Heil DC 90 - Pressure Switch Troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

So far here's what I've got - 1. Thermostat calls for heat. 2. The inducer fan blows air. 3. 24v is sent to the pressure switch. 4. The pressure switch does not close (there is no voltage on the other side). Steps I've taken - 1. Jumping the pressure switch allows the furnace to...

Janitrol Furnace issue motor would not start and pressure switch stuck closed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I got this Janitrol Furnace it worked fine. Until my basement flooded then it looks like the circuit board got wet and it was on at the time. So basically I ordered a new board suppose to be coming soon. What happened was when the furnace came on like there were no flames only a bright...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.