Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindah92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Replace exhaust fan
    We live in a mobile home (approx 27 yrs old); the bathroom off the hallway has an exhaust fan that is a 50 cfm (also original to home) that doesn't work well to get rid of the moisture/condensation when used for a shower.
    I want to replace this fan with a larger one (& hopefully quieter one) a 100 cfm
    Fan only unit (no light) which replaces the old one. Is there any reason why these two fans can not be switched (the 50cfm to 100cfm)?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 10:21 AM
    The only problems would be the physical size of the fan, and the size of the duct.
    You'd have to remove the fan to see what is above and around it to see if the new one will fit.
    Also, 50cfm fans usually have a 3" duct, where a 100cfm will have 4".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace copper with flex-tubing under k-sink, replace faucet [ 13 Answers ]

I need a new faucet in the kitchen. Old lines are copper and sweated in. Can a novice do-it-yourselfer change the copper lines to flex-steel, and put in a new faucet, or do we need a plumber? We are willing to learn.. Where can I find detailed information on how to do it? Step by step?

Can bathroom exhaust be fed into furnace exhaust [ 1 Answers ]

Can I put the exhaust from a bathroom ceiling vent into the furnace vent which is vented out the roof? It is a second story bathroom and it seems there is a furnace duct running along side the bathtub toward the ceiling. Not sure intake or outgoing? G

How to convert standard exhaust to forced exhaust [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 80% efficiant forced air furance in good woorking condition and wood like to change from b vent exhaust to a pvc forced air exhaust

I want to replace or upgrade replace 50yrold tub faucet on wall [ 4 Answers ]

I want to replace or upgrade replace 50 yrold tub faucet w/2 handle plus faucet on wall, either delta or amer stand. Any product suggestions? Not worried about price.

View more questions Search