Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tag4362 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Vested amount
    How much of your money can you take on your money for early withdrawl if you not 100% vestef
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 05:41 AM
    I assume you are asking about a withdrawal from a 401(k) plan. You will have to check with the plan administrator on this, as rules vary between companies. But most companies do not allow early withdrawals by active employees from their 401(k) plans. You may be able to take a loan of up to 50% of the vested amount, which you would pay back through payroll deduction over the next few years. The advantage of a loan over a withdrawal is you don't have to paty income taxes, and there is no early withdrawal penalty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Agreed, we need to know what type of retirement plans, And as stated, most do not allow withdrawal while you are still working for the company.

Can you provide more info on type of plan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being vested [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my previous employer for 8 years, I became vested after 5. I never contributed to a 401k. What exactly are the benefits of being vested, i.e pension for retirement. My question is: Is there any money owed to me that I could take in one lump sum now, not retiring? - confused

401k Vested or Not Vested [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for my previous employer for a few years making regular contributions to my 401k with a small match from my employer. Now my employer has sold the business. I am told that I need to roll the money from my 401k into a IRA but I can only roll over the money that I am vested. Since I did not...

Vested money [ 2 Answers ]

How do I obtained money vested in companies I haven't worked for in over 25 years Will I be notified by the company around my retirement age letting me know I have Money vested or do I have to contact the companies

Vested amount [ 1 Answers ]

Friends, just need some clarification on some financial speak. What is vested amount in reference to a balance on a 401K statement? Thanks?

View more questions Search