Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mannakin235 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
    How long to give it or to wait at all for him to heal?
    So I met a much older man online. We met and had a good time. After he said the age made him uncomfortable. I asked him if he knew my age then why did he bother to ask me out. He said he threw caution to the wind and did not think through all the reason not to go out with me.

After the initial date we kept in touch by emails. I let him know I like him and found him attractive and all the good stuff. I also said I understand he is in pain from his separation as he said he cannot pursue a serious relationship right now.

5 weeks after the first date he took me out again. We had a great time and he said all the right things, he finds me attractive, kind, caring, smart good company etc. The next day I get another email saying the age is an issue and he wouldn't become my lover. He had said the night before when we were leaving the restaurant he want to make love but wasn't going to that night.

So here I am knowing he has feelings, knowing he isn't ready or willing to act on them. Knowing he cares a lot about me, enough to mention the first date to his father who suggested the age difference was not an issue. So knowing he wants to be in touch and see each other sometimes, I am not sure if this is something I want to wait for him to heal from the separation and be his friend in the mean time or simply walk away from it all together as I know I want more and I am not sure he will ever or if he will eventually want more from me.

How do I know how long to give it or to wait at all for him to heal?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Go on with your life. He says he will keep in touch , which probably means he won't. What is the age difference?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Enjoy your life without him and don't wait at all for him to get over anything.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Oct 28, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Whoa whoa Slow down here. Even if I was the man in this situation ,and had zero problem with age I wouldn't want to take things as fast as you.
    Its been 2 dates and you already are complaining that he won't be your lover and you want so much more. Just calm and slow your role sea biscuit
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
    One issue that he might not want to mention is CHILDREN! Not every man on the first or second date will ask you what your wishes are in that regard, because it's a huge leap into serious. He may have children and not want more. Very common. So.. have you dropped any clues on that subject? More to the point, would you settle for a childless life, or a childless life with HIS children visiting?
    pepper81 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2012, 04:45 AM
    A separated man is a married man. He can return home anytime and probably will. Find someone in your own age range you will be a lot happier as you grow older. He continues to say he does not like the age difference accept it and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I told him I like him and I think he likes me back, but I'm not sure? [ 5 Answers ]

So there's this guy in school and he's really sweet, Ive known him for a year now and I didn't tell anyone else about my crush but I told my best friend how he behaves with me and she thinks he likes me but I'm not sure, I met him through a friend and he's really cute and funny, every time he texts...

A guy told me he likes me, I don't know if I like him back? [ 1 Answers ]

A guy just told me that he likes me, I don't know if I like him back, I honestly have no idea, so what do I do?

He knows I like him and he told me he likes me so why won't he ask me out? [ 5 Answers ]

Edited and moved to its own thread This guy told me that he likes me But then one day I was messing around and saying " clearly you didnt wanna talk to me" So he's like Okay lets clear things up, clearly obvious that I like you snf I enjoy talking to you, but your going to be like I Don't...

He knows I like him and he told me he likes me so why won't he ask me out? [ 2 Answers ]

There's this guy I like, and I was texting my friend about him, and she said that he likes me, and asked me if I like him, and I said yes. Then I found out that he had her phone. He texts me the next day, and ask me if I like him and I said kind of. He said he likes me too. So why won't he ask me...

He told me he likes me. But he has a girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So I have liked this guy who sits beside me in one of my classes for a while. I kept flirting with him and I got along with him well and I started to REALLY like him... but then I found out he has a girlfriend, who goes to another school but she's going to transfer to our school in a month. That...

View more questions Search