Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camoprincess Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
    I ended a 6 year relationship and now I'm just confused..
    I started to get the feeling that I wanted to leave him a few months ago (2ish) when I caught him sexting a girl he had previously worked with but has since gotten a new job. I made him cut all ties and tried moving forward. But I guess I didn't really trust him after that.

Then two weeks ago I felt like there was a lack of happiness in our relationship and so I tried talking to him about it but nothing really got figured out. Then. Just a few days ago I caught him sexting with a completely different girl and. He couldn't really find an excuse as to why he kept doing this. But it hurts me. So I decided to end our relationship.
    I left and went to stay the night at my parents house and immediately felt like an idiot for leaving him. I missed him already and I felt confused. But I do not trust him. However. I'm not mad at him. I don't even hate him. I just feel confused and hurt.

Yesterday we met up and talked about the situation again. I feel like we were both trying to secretly find a way to make it work out. But nothing was solved. But I knew it wouldn't happen over night.

I ended up staying the night with him. Nothing sexual. Just slept next to him. Last night it felt right but today it just feels weird. We are not together but we are talking (with hesitancy
    Almost like we were back together again. But we aren't.

I feel like there's no-one in my life that I can talk to that understands what mixed feelings I have right now. I don't know what to do. I don't trust him. But I love him.

I guess I just need an outside perspective as to what's going on in my head. I don't know what to do.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
    He's comfortable to be with, and the alternative is being alone. You need to move on with life without him, and see if it is better. Sexting is cheating. You don't say how old you both are. Also, where are your friends?

Oct 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    He's comfortable to be with, and the alternative is being alone. You need to move on with life without him, and see if it is better. Sexting is cheating. You don't say how old you both are. Also, where are your friends?
    I'm 22. He is 23. We got together in high school.

Ah. 2 of my closest friend know. But one just seems to be happy that we aren't together anymore and the other doesn't really know what to think.
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by camoprincess View Post
    I'm 22. He is 23. We got together in highschool.

Ah. 2 of my closest friend know. But one just seems to be happy that we aren't together anymore and the other doesn't really know what to think.
    You two were very young to stay in this relationship for such a long time. Sexting is cheating in my book. How do you feel about it? Are you able to support yourself if you two aren't together?

Oct 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
    I feel like sexting is a fine line almost. But I don't know if I'm taking it lightly because it happened to me or not. When I think of it.. I think.. what if he actually did the deed later on because I let him get away with this?

Im not able to live on my own without the extra financial support, no. but that doesn't bother me.

I saw him again today. Its like I felt happy/uneasy. I kind of feel like I'm digging a hole for myself. More or less. I wish this was just a bad dream.
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
    I feel like sexting is a fine line almost. but I dont know if i'm taking it lightly because it happend to me or not. When I think of it.. I think.. what if he actually did the deed later on because i let him get away with this?

Im not able to live on my own without the extra financial support, no. but that doesnt bother me.

I saw him again today. Its like i felt happy/uneasy. I kind of feel like i'm digging a hole for myself. More or less. I wish this was just a bad dream.
    What does your mom have to say about this?

Oct 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
    What does your mom have to say about this?
    I guess I'm not sure what you mean.
    About the relationship or me coming back to stay with my parents?
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
    I guess i'm not sure what you mean.
    About the relationship or me coming back to stay with my parents?
    Living back at home.

Oct 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
    Living back at home.
    She is okay with it. It's not as if I don't have a job... I work full time hours as a server, but I'm still in college.
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
    She is okay with it. It's not as if I don't have a job... I work full time hours as a server, but i'm still in college.
    Stay back at home and finish school. Move on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Year relationship suddenly ended [ 38 Answers ]

I want to start by saying that my relationship involved only 5 months of living in the same country before my departure. I am in the military and I rotate countries every year. I met the girl of my dreams in Italy 2 years ago, she is an Italian citizen and I am American. For the entire first 18...

5 year relationship ended [ 10 Answers ]

To start, I am new to this so bare with me. This might be a long story, but I am trying to cram 5 years into a paragraph. To begin, me and my ex (lets call him G) started dating freshman year in high school. Everything was great for awhile, but then we started fighting a lot and towards the end...

4 year relationship ended when she cheated [ 8 Answers ]

I just ended a relationship three days ago with the girl I've been dating for 4.5 years. It turns out that before xmas break when I was not on campus she cheated on me with another guy. They did everything but sex. She claims she was stupid, was losing feelings for me, started getting feelings for...

My 6 year relationship ended now what? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl for 6 years. I was 19 and she was 17 when we met. Everything thing was good she would always tell me I was her future husband and that we were going to have this family and perfect life. She graduated in 2009 and got a job in early 2010 I'm graduating this year. ...

Seven Year Relationship has ended. [ 12 Answers ]

Well as you can see by my topic, my seven year relationship with the man that I still love broke up with me. I'm very heart broken. He broke up with me on Oct 20, 2006. I confessed to him that I have cheated on him. Lately we have been seeing a lot of each other and spending a tremendous about...

View more questions Search