Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkshaw23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Air handler won't run, just an unusual hum from the air handler.
    My sister in law tried to install a new thermostat and has somehow messed something up. I went over and her Trane air handler will not run. I found that the glass bus fuse beside the transformer was blown. I replaced the fuse and I still get nothing except the hum from the transformer. I disconnected all the low voltage wire from the air handler thinking maybe there was a short somewhere and I still just get the hum. Any ideas what I should do next? I wouldn't think the transformer would be humming with all the low voltage wires disconnected from it.

Check out some similar questions!

24v Air Handler [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 24v air handler for my HVAC system. During the winter, I have an outdoor wood burner that I use for heat. So I run just the blower fan to force the hot air through my duct work. I want the ability to be able to run this blower fan using 2 twelve volt car batteries or equivalent. That way,...

Air handler won't come on [ 0 Answers ]

Opened panel and manualy closed left contact and it turned slow then clicked off. Then pushed both contacts and it turned slow again and clicked off again,Smelled smoke might be from heating coil not sure. Any info. Would help

Air handler blower motor buzzes won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 Carrier Weathermaker 8000 AC & heater units. Recently on one, the LED Thermostat went blank & unit stopped working. I switched out T-stats with my other unit and it also went blank showing both are working. However, when the Fan on the T-stat is switched from "Auto" to "ON" there is...

Air handler does not come on [ 0 Answers ]

Air handler fan doesn't even come on- I can push the relay switch out on the compressor and that will come on but no air handler after cold night last night. I can hear power to the relay in the air handler and no power going to the fan wires. Help!

Air handler [ 4 Answers ]

Our home inspection for the sale of our home specifies that "there is a small amount of growth starting on the paper located on the motor. Seller shall clean the paper and treat the unit with an anti microbial agent." Please tell me how to get into the air handler, and with what anti microbial...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.