Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
    j1 waiver for indian postdoc
    Hi,
    I am a posctoc working in Texas. I would be applying for J1 waiver soon as I am entering 4th year of my postdoc. I want to know if I loose my job while my application is in process, do I leave the country or I can stay until my waiver application is processed.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
    If your contract is terminated, you must leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Indian cricketer was the first Indian to get a contract to play domestic cricke [ 0 Answers ]

Which Indian cricketer was the first Indian to get a contract to play domestic cricket in South Africa? First Indian cricketer to get a contract to play domestic cricket in south.

Dear, I want to transfer UK Pound to Indian Rupee in Indian bank account. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, I want to transfer UK Pound to Indian Rupee in Indian bank account. While transferring it is asking for International Remittance Code (IRC). Can any one help me out?

Canadian postdoc visa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am a recent PhD graduate from USA and currently on OPT and living in USA. I am going to get a postdoc offer from Canada and planning to move there. My question is what would be my status if the postdoc position doesn't work out in Canada and have to leave the job? 1. How many months can...

JI Indian postdoc (citizen) who was previous german resident [ 2 Answers ]

I am a J1 Post doctoral fellow who started working in a University lab in the US on Oct 1, 2008. I am Indian citizen but have been residing in germany for the past 7 years. I have paid income tax in germany for 3 and half years out of the 7, the other being my student time. Both India and germany...

I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.

View more questions Search