Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rappha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 01:53 AM
    What happens to child support payment when noncustodial parent dies in nyc
    My spouse became ill suddenly. When he passed away I discovered that he was paying child support to additional children by the mom of the child I knew about. This mom has a history of multiple partners. No paternity tests were done. Can I ask for a paternity test to be done? My husband has no assests only life ins left to my children. Will I now have to pay arrears, health insur. And child support? Is there any way to dispute these other children getting social security and taking away from my 2 children's benefits? We live in pa. the support order is in ny.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Was the child support he was paying by court order? Any arrears will be placed upon the estate and that is ruled by the laws of your state. No further payments are due on the support order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 04:37 AM
    You personally have no obligation. There is no future or current support due after his death, nor any other current or new bills.

The past support will be a debt to the estate, if there is one. If there is no money in the estate, they get nothing. Your money and your income does not pay these
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2012, 05:02 AM
    If a court order exists for child support then he was deemed the legal father so paternity has been legally established. If the mother of the other children puts in a claim with social security its likely to be granted.

Your questions about the support obligation were already answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can VA DCSE incarcerate a noncustodial parent of closed child support case? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a noncustodial parent, and the child support case has been closed/is closed. I am prepared to provide paperwork to support the aforementioned. Can VA DCSE incarcerate me, the non-custodial parent, for child support case that is closed, and has been closed for over 10 years? I have been...

Colorado child support when the non custodial parent dies? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father died. He had been court ordered to pay child support. Will his estate be required to pay child support until my son is of age?

Child live with cutodial parent, now lives with noncustodial parent child is 18 years [ 1 Answers ]

Child lived with custodial parent, now lives with noncustodial parent, child is 18 years old. What happens to child support?

Noncustodial Parent Dies. [ 11 Answers ]

If a noncustodial parent passed away, will child support orders end? No survivors of the noncustodial parent should be liable for the court order, correct? Lets make this case even more interesting... what if the noncustodial parent has life insurance, but the child(ren) in question are not...

Wife of noncustodial child support paying parent [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Oregon if I marry my boyfriend can I be held equally responsible for the child support of his child from a previous one night stand?

View more questions Search