Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hivnor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Tell me about horse drawn cannon traces
    I found a set of cables which appear to be copper and are covered with leather and bound with leather laces. The size of the cable is app. 1" diameter. I was told that they were traces for horse drawn cannons. The leather is quite old, cracked and missing in a few places and both ends are connected to chains, with one end having a ring and the other end having a cross piece. Can you give any advice? Thanks , PHIL
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 03:12 AM
    This was a harness used on horses drawing any vehicle. The term 'cannon' is not what you think. The harness used was designed to make a horse pick up its hooves by activating the 'cannon bone' in the horse's leg. For a slow trot drawing a carriage, it just looked smarter and more sophisticated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove traces of spider man shattered dimensions. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to reinstall spider man shattered dimensions.I have uninstalled spider man shattered dimensions . But now some traces are leftover so the game is not installing .So , now Iwant to remove those traces ,can you give me instructions to remove them.

Movie about a horse who jump into water. Girl horse jumper goes lind but still jumps [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a movie where a young girl learns to jump a horse from up high into a tank of water. The girl ends up losing her sight and can't jump any more. But determined she learns to jump again with the help of a friend. What is the name of this movie?

My puppy has traces of blood in his pooh [ 9 Answers ]

My new puppy (patterdoodle) x breed (patterdale terrier and a poodle) has been home now for 6 days and he is 11 weeks old tomorrow. He has been on a diet of dried food - and only ate one bowl of it since coming home, he prefers plain boiled rice mixed with tuna and my husband has gone to buy him...

Traces of soap after wash from dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Automatic Dishwasher. The glasses and dishes look clean after a wash, but if you get water into a glass, you can still see some foam traces (suds) on the top of the water. More like a light sud from a beer pour. I've tried liquid and solid type of soaps but the problem remains. ...

Infant,diahhrea,traces of blood [ 6 Answers ]

My 1 and a half year old wake up with a fever and diahhrea mucoid with traces of blood what to do?

View more questions Search