Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xwagat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 11:11 PM
    Prove that the area of a circle is half the product of its circumference and radius
    To prove that the area of a circle is half the product of its circumference and radius with the help of practical
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 26, 2012, 05:44 AM
    What level of mathematics is this for? If you're in high school geometry I would suggest one technique, which relies on knowing that the area of a circles is . If you're in a calculus class I would suggest a different approach that derives the value for the area from basic principles.
    RPVega Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2012, 02:01 AM
    Area of a circle = A = (pi) * (r ^ 2)
    Circumference of a circle = C = 2 * (pi) * r
    A = (1/2) * C * r = (1/2) * (2 * (pi) * r ) * r
    A = (pi) * (r ^ 2) Q.E.D.

"Q.E.D." stands for "quod erat demonstrandum," which is Latin
    for "which was to be demonstrated." The acronym "Q.E.D." is used
    often in math textbooks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find the area of the inner circle and the area of the large outer circle ? [ 3 Answers ]

Joe's centrepiece is a simple but very effective use of two circles and Two regular hexagons rotated to give the effect of a medieval dial. The Radius of the inner circle is 10 cm, half the length of the sides of the Regular hexagon. AC is a side of one of the hexagons and BD is a side Of the...

The equation of a circle with center (0, 3) and radius 3 is: [ 2 Answers ]

The equation of a circle with center (0, 3) and radius 3 is:

Radius of Circle [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a brain teaser to play with. Take a look at the attached image, and tell me - what is the radius of the circle? The two crossed lines are diameters that cross at the center of the circle. Hint: if you find yourself thinking of sines or cosines of angles there's an easier way.

How to calculate the center and radius of a circle [ 1 Answers ]

Given the equation of a circle (x+5)^2 + (y-3)^2 = 49 find the center and radius. How would I calculate this problem?

Center & Radius Circle [ 2 Answers ]

Fine the Center and Radius of the Circle given that it equation is x^2 + y^2 + 2x -6y - 6 = 0

View more questions Search