Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1chispa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
    Power a shared well
    I have two houses that chear a water well but the well got the power from one of the houses so I want to know how I can put power also from the second house, they uses only the well ones a day each house, so when each house need water uses there own power whit out making the oter house a short circuit o etc.
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Oct 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
    The only reasonable suggestion I have is to install an electric sub-meter and split the cost on a monthly (or whatever) basis.

While powering a load separately from two sources is theoretically possible, the cost of the equipment for semi automatic operation would be extravagant. An automatic transfer switch and two source shunt trip breakers, Shunt trip CBs remotely operable for each source from the other source location. And then there will be conflicts when both houses want to use well at the same time, sort of a remote power duel between users

Manual control could be arranged with a transfer switch, but you would have to go out and manually switch between power sources every time you wanted to power the well from the other source.

Or you could install the meter and split the bill

http://www.electricsubmeter.com/emon/kwh-meters/class-1000.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shared drives [ 4 Answers ]

Can I take drive gates down to a shared drive and not replace them

Shared drive who has the right of way [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a plot where 2 houses reside with a shared drive I live in the property that was first built and I need to cross his drive to get to my entrance the person next door is aggrevated that his drive is used too much with domestic traffic going past his property always leave him with access...

Shared drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shared drive and one of the neighbours always blocks me in and refuses to move and ask another car to move even though I still wouldn't be able to get out I have a hire car which needed to be taken back I can't get out and have now been charged an extra day just because he wouldn't move...

Shared neutral [ 11 Answers ]

I believe I have a shared neutral. I was installing a new ceiling fan. I checked the circuit with a multimeter and it read 54 volts when the switch is off. I also checked the outlet that is controlled by a different switch, same result. Actually the whole house is like that. I then removed all...

Shared vent [ 3 Answers ]

Kitchen sink and bathroom sink are only separated by a stud wall. Both traps drain into 2"waste line at the same height from both sides and at which point also the 2"vent goes up. So the vent is shared by both fixtures. Is that O.K.

View more questions Search