Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JDanielGold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Marijuana
    Hey, so I have am acquired prolonged QT. So when I am on ADD meds I have the prolonged Qt and when I am off the meds my heart is perfectly normal. I was wondering if using Marijuana could be very harmful to me?
    PS: I don't plan on using it, I never would. I was just very curious.
    ctlfreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
    It could go either way. If you become overly paranoid when smoking it, as some people do, then it could potentially lead to cardiac arrest because of the increased heart rate. It also lowers your blood pressure while on it and I am not sure what that would do considering your condition.

However, marijuana is considered by many in the medical industry to be a therapeutic drug used to treat a wide array of conditions.

I am curious do you have ADD? Or are you just taking the meds for either recreational reasons or for another condition? What meds are you taking, there may also be drug interaction issues though it is very rare.

If your in a state where medical marijuana is prescribed I would talk to your physician and see what he recommends in regard to the safety since he knows the most about your medical background.

Honestly without a full knowledge of your medical history it would be unsafe for anyone to answer this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does marijuana do to you exactly? [ 3 Answers ]

As in, when you smoke marijuana, what happens to you afterwards exactly and why? How does it work? I would love a play by play informed answer. I'm talking psychological and physiological. But not just what happens, also why. I'm curious as to what it does to the body exactly? I smoked it once...

Marijuana [ 5 Answers ]

My sister just got a really good job but she smokes marijuana... Is there anyway for her to pass a urine test without buying detox stuff? Is there any NATURAL/HOME remedy that REALLY works? I do not want to hear that drugs are bad because I am trying to help her out. Please give me some accurate...

Marijuana and me [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been smoking for about 5 years and its taken me a while while but I've realized that its something I'm really not interested in continuing. I'm in my second year of college so it crops up quite a bit. Its gotten to the point where I'm considering cutting out all my friends that do smoke. I...

View more questions Search