Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cristinaharangu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Am I responsbile for a debt if I was an authorized user of a credit card?
    I was added as an authorized user to a credit card account 9 years ago.The last time I used the card was 8 years ago.The owner of the account made payments to the account until 18 months ago when the account went deliquent.I am being sued over the account.Do I have a legal responsabiity for the account?I did not sign any terms and agreements ,I was not a co-signer on the account,I did not spent any money with the account.Why am I being sued ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Are you sure you were only an authorized user and not a co borrower?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Responsibilities of an authorized user of credit card [ 1 Answers ]

The principal is my daughter and I'm an authorized user. I closed my account several years ago but my daughter accumulated over $7000 without my knowledge. When I pulled my credit report I was shocked to see her balance reflected on mine, affecting my credit score. 1. Am I also legally...

Authorized User of Credit Card Account of Deceased - what now? [ 3 Answers ]

Unusual situation perhaps... I am the authorized user on a number of US credit card accounts on which my father was primary cardholder. My father recently passed away overseas (as a dual citizen of US and the country in which he died) and his estate is being handled by the court of the European...

I am an authorized user on a credit card - primary passed away [ 3 Answers ]

I am an authorized user on a couple of credit cards that my mother in law took out. She recently passed away, am I responsible for the debt? I was paying on them and with the economy going the way it has, I haven't been able to continue to pay. Also, my mother in law had no will or estate. She...

Credit card authorized user [ 6 Answers ]

Hello people, I am new here but, I wanted advise from some experts on my problem. I wanted to know if I could be sued or held responsible for a debt as a Authorized user on a credit card account in Ontario Canada. I searched this site but haven't been able to find my exact circumstances. The...

Credit card authorized user [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have a credit card issued by (Washington Mutual bank) from almost 3 years ago.. and I added my wife as an authorized user immediately after I received the card... after one year Citi bank sent us two new credit cards cause the old one has been expired so I knew that Washington mutual bank...

View more questions Search