Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirk757 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Possibly marrying filipino
    I am an American who is dating a girl from the Philippines. I plan on traveling to see her in a few months. By that time we will have been in the relationship around 8 or 9 months. If we decide to get married over there when I visit (due to the difficulty and expense of traveling back and forth) is the US immigration going to give us problems with the legitimacy of the relationship because, perhaps, they feel our time is not long enough or that I should have visited her several times first? We have no plans on getting married as of yet but the question I ask is relevant to the isse. Thank you for your consideration.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 25, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Quotas and requirements change, so you and she need to keep looking on your respective country immigration web sites. When you are visiting her, she can start the application process as a future married person. It doesn't matter how many times you visit.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Have you met her in person before this planned trip?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In filipino how do I have a na daan for 400 , 600,900? [ 0 Answers ]

you see in my codes for making a translator here it is <html> <head> <title>Tagalog Translation</title> <script type="text/javascript"> var n = ""; function validate(input) { if (input.length == 0) {

What are Filipino people like? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm planning on vacationing to the Philippines in the winter to see my girlfriend but I'm concerned about the general population. What are the people like there? Do they hate westerners? Are they racists? Are they generally rude people? (culture-wise) How do people react to seeing a non-Asian guy...

Only a fool for a Filipino? [ 15 Answers ]

Another encounter with a Filipino online. If it seems too good to be true, is it? The girl found me randomly on Skype four days ago. Allegedly, she thought I was another friend of hers. We got to chatting. She asked if I wanted to talk. I used a webcam and she spoke to me through a...

FILIPINO language [ 1 Answers ]

Translate Szemraj From Filipino To English

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search