Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenp111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 06:53 AM
    Restitution
    I lost my job for steeling $300.00
    I had gotten to letters one that saids I have to pay $400.00 at the end of Oct.
    The second letter is for $500.00 in payments. What can happen if I can't pay the $400.00. K.p. From n.y.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Hello k:

They'll sue you, just like any bill you don't pay.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2012, 08:18 AM
    You said "They" is this though the court, did they charge you with theft and the judge order you to pay ?

If this is not from the court, they can sue you in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution [ 5 Answers ]

If a person is paying restitution to a victim can the victim also collect in a civil suit? The person has never missed a payment.

What do I have to pay in restitution? [ 1 Answers ]

I was charge with forgery $10,000 or less in a criminal cases against me. I found out the my warrant was written out the wrong way and they are more checks involved that they don't have proof that I wrote them. I want to know can my charge can be change under sc law. My warrant has on it Forgery...

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

If I can't pay my restitution in sc what happens to me? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have the $200.00 this month I was supposed to pay for my restitution. I live in spartanburg sc. Am I going to be put in jail because I can't make the payment?

Restitution [ 5 Answers ]

I have been convicted of mischief under 5000 x 28 (or something like that). I am currently serving out a on year term of house arrest and 150 hours of community service. There is a standalone restitution order(s) in the amount of $13000, but when the justice issued my sentence he said it would be...

View more questions Search