Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Golding Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Failure to pay
    In 2005 I was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and was convicted and was fined $200. But I neglected to pay the fine and now I believe I have a warrant for failure to appear/pay. Will this cause me to lose my employment due to a background check?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 04:17 PM
    It can yes, depending on the company you work for. If you go and take care of the warrant it will disappear from the record.

Oct 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
    But I live in Cali and warrant is out of Rhode Island! Any way of taking care of it here in Cali!

Oct 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Any way of taking care of it if out of state?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Hire an attorney in RI, have them review this and see if you can just pay the fine and penalties and deal with it that way.

If not, see if he can arrange you to fly in, appear in court without arrest, and then pay the fine and be done with it.

Ok, at the worst a plane ticket but what is worst, losing and not getting a job ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failure to appear [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take for a warrant to come out for failer to appear

Failure to control [ 5 Answers ]

I was cited for failure to control when my right rear tire blew and I went into a ditch and flipped. I was going into a slight turn to the right and my left rear tire blew which caused my rear end to go to the left which made me go into the ditch and flip. The officer said that his opinion was...

Steering Failure [ 3 Answers ]

What could cause the sudden failure of the steering wheel to turn the wheels on the car with the steering wheel to continuously turn without affecting the wheels

GFI failure [ 1 Answers ]

I have have sereral GFI's trip repeatedly. I have replace one and it seems to be OK but another one that I repalced last year keeps triping. I cannot find any problems in the house like moisture or leaks. Do GFIs have a significant failure rate or should I assume I have an underlying electrical...

Vasectomy failure? [ 2 Answers ]

Is this common? My husband had one in Nov. and had 2 clear samples, but here I am with no visit from Aunt Flo yet this month and the usual tired hungry symptoms I get with pregnancy. Im only a week late, so its still up in the air, but This is definitely unplanned and I have a nearly 6 month old at...

View more questions Search