Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2012NEEDY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
    Does a carpets thickness prevent it from being tucked and rolled?
    I am having carpet and vinyl plank flooring installed. The installer says the carpet is too thick to tuck and roll next to the vinyl plank. Any suggestions?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
    U can not do a tuck and roll. It is either tuck or roll.

In order to tuck carpet u need about 1/4'' in height. To insure the tuck will not come out, use staples to hold down.

To roll carpet, u need to remove padding about an inch back from plank flooring. The carpet is rolled into this void and stapled down using an upholstery gun.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolled Ankle [ 3 Answers ]

Back in February of this year I rolled the inside of my ankle playing indoor soccer. I treated the ankle for a couple of days and did not play for 2 weeks. I played a game and still was hurting me. After the season ended (in April) the ankle was still bothering me and felt uncomfortable during...

Selling carpets [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carpet retail company and i am offering some fantatic deals on house carpets wood florring /vinyls/ rugs and so on, how can i advertice

Sheets tucked [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been going around and around because I sleep with the sheets tucked in and he doesn't. It bothers me so much because then the blankets are EVERYWHERE! I am trying to find a way that will make him want to sleep with the sheets tucked in rather than out. Please throw any...

Wet under carpets [ 2 Answers ]

Hi our bedroom floor which is concrete, is condensating under the carpet, and is noticeably wet, along with the outside corners of the room being damp with black mould, can anyone tell.: me what they think is the problem

Worn Out Carpets [ 3 Answers ]

I moved into my apartment 12 years ago and the owner, at that time, put wall to wall carpeting in my apartment. The building has been bought and sold three times since then. The carpet was very "cheap" and after 12 years it is worn, dirty and is stretching in many places. Is the present owner...

View more questions Search