Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptrish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Why can't I scan to PDF when my MP600 has ink problems?
    I love my MP600! AND it's telling me that my larger Black ink cartridge can't be recognized. I've removed the cartridge and put it back in, and all the red lights are on like they should be, then I close the cover, and I get the same message. I've ordered a new cartridge, but in the meantime, I'd like to scan something to a PDF which has nothing to do with ink, but I get a message that maintenance is in progress and I can't scan until this is over.
    AArgh.
    I've also tried turning the printer off and back on.
    Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2007, 05:58 AM
    That's a Canon, right? Did you try contacting Canon tech support?

But it sounds like, that the machine is detecting a problem cartrdige and won't come out of maintenance mode until its replaced. Effectively rendering the unit useless.
    ptrish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Thanks, ScottGem.
    I got my new ink cartridge, and once I installed it, everything works find.
    Kind of a drag, but still glad to have solved it, and glad to have a working printer again.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2007, 07:37 AM
    As a general rule I always keep a spare set of cartridges on hand for all my printers. When I pop in the spare, that's when I go out and buy a replacement. This way I am never without a spare for just such an emergency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I scan [ 4 Answers ]

I have an all in one print scan copy. How do I know it is connected to the computer? Is that proven in that I can pri9nt from AOL to the printer... then how come it doesn't scan when I am in word it says I am not connected... u know?

Gstartup.Ink [ 5 Answers ]

When I start up the machine I am notified that the shortcut is missing. HELP!!

Ink smearing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Canon BJC-2100 printer, and until recently it worked great. My problem is every time I print something the ink smears in a line on the paper. I tried cleaning it, and putting in a new ink cartridge, yet it is still doing it. HELP!

Virus scan program [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone help me with a good and free virus scanner? Bye boud

View more questions Search