Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZCR Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 10:44 AM
    I want to be a better debater
    I'm more of an introvert than extrovert... I love seeking someplace quiet, tranquil. I just naturally tend to be able to work better. Out on the stage, speaking in front of people out to hackle you over every mistake you commit, it is downright scary.

My nature has come in way each time I try debating. I really want to employ a better strategy that does not conflict with the way I am. (I usually take my time to answer)

Introverts can be good speakers/debaters, right?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Yes, introverts can be good debaters. Have you done much debating? Do you think you will do more?

Oct 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes, introverts can be good debaters. Have you done much debating? Do you think you will do more?
    I've only begun. Done a few debates.
    Thoroughly confused.
    While applying for a toastmasters club here seems like a good idea, what fudges the whole thing is that we students have established a debating society.
    I'm afraid the two might conflict, although I really want a community toastmasters club here :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Why would they conflict?

Nov 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why would they conflict?
    Because the debating soc is seeking to promote itself as the sole/prime body that promotes speaking and coaches people.
    I am planning to leave it once we are done organizing a MUN for a school I had committed to (they are unprofessional time-wasters who cannot be on the same page)
    I intend to take up the toastmasters thing here in my uni (will not be easy since as it turns out, most people are unprofessional time-wasters, again. They want certificates and they want to be paid; there is no such thing as passion or connecting with people. I hope I'm proven wrong)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
    It sounds more like some want it as a star in their crown rather than something of benefit to individuals and the community.

Consult with successful groups?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search