Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashwinigmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
    J1 Visa IV 221(g)
    Hi every one... I appeared for a J1 visa IV at New Delhi consulate on 30th August 2012 and was given a 221(g) Pink slip and was asked to submit few documents like my research background, previous travels etc which I submitted on the same day itself. Its nearly 8weeks now and I haven't received any communication from consulate. Should I be worried. Also I have very important IV in USA for my post graduation in USA starting on 16th Nov so can I travel on my B1/B2 visa meanwhile and attend those..
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Oct 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Did you get confirmation that they received the documents? Did you send them certified? By fax? If you didn't get confirmation, call the embassy and ask if they received the documents.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Follow up... there could be some clerical error. It doesn't hurt to call or email and ask.
    Good luck.
    ddd888 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Hi.. did you apply for a j1 clinical visa for starting a residency training in medicine ?
    ddd888 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Is delhi embassy scrutinizing or rejecting any j1 visa petitions ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

What will be my baby visa status born in australia during my student visa period [ 0 Answers ]

Right now I am in australia with the student visa and I delivered a baby boy during my course of study period so in this case will my baby get the citizenship here or not?

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of you.K. [ 1 Answers ]

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of U.K.

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search