Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amarie007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
    What are the laws regarding salaried employees in Georgia
    I am a Salary employee in Georgia that does not qualify for overtime, however I generally work 50 hour week. If I miss a day of work due to sickness or death in the family can my employer dock my pay for that day or require me to work 6 days instead of 5 to make up the time missed?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
    You can be docked for any full day you did not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the NJ laws fir salaried employees. I don't get more $ for extra hours, OK, [ 5 Answers ]

What are the NJ laws for salaried employeesbut if I only worked 9 days out of 10 but still put in 78.5 hrs total my boss takes a PTO day. Can she do that?

Salaried employees laws? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer insist on you taking a unpaid lunch break to increase your hours of work in a eight hour shift

Salaried employees [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employer make a salaried employee work 7 days a week?

Laws for salaried employees [ 5 Answers ]

I am a new salaried employee and not quite sure if my employer is allowed to do this. Recently my company had a shut down for the holidays. All hourly employees were told they would need to take a vacation day or personal/sick day in order to be paid for the days not covered by holiday pay....

Labor laws regarding salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine and I are managers in a restaurant. We are expected to work 55 hours a week and if we miss a day we have to make that day up or have it docked from our pay. However if a manager has to fill in for another manager that misses a day and the absent manager does not make up the day by...

View more questions Search