Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joseph Rasel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2005, 08:51 AM
    Research Question
    Can someone tell me where in the New Testament Paul had a opportunity to heal someone but didn't.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 7, 2006, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Rasel
    Can someone tell me where in the New Testament Paul had a opportunity to heal someone but didn't.

Paul tells timothy to drink wine for the sake of his stomach and other infirmities. Could this be what you are looking for?

1 Timothy 5:23
    Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

The following sites offer an explanation.

Paul had written in 1 Corinthains 13:8 that the miraculous gifts would "cease",

Unhealed Christians

Faith Healers
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Ok... this is like two years too late but I think you may have been thinking of the verse in 2 Timothy 4:20. Paul is writing to Timothy and he mentions that Trophimus (what a name) he left sick. Many people have questioned why Paul left him sick if he had the gift of healing. Actually that is a good question... any thoughts?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    Ok...this is like two years too late but I think you may have been thinking of the verse in 2 Timothy 4:20. Paul is writing to Timothy and he mentions that Trophimus (what a name) he left sick. Many people have questioned why Paul left him sick if he had the gift of healing. Actually that is a good question....any thoughts?
    Now Tessy, you done went and made me have to think. Epaphroditus (another heckuva name) also "was ill, and almost died" in Phillipians 2, but God "had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on" Paul. Seems God didn't (and still doesn't) always heal, and it seems His servants have never been immune from trials, perhaps to teach us humility, patience and/or draw us closer in our dependence on Him. I don't know, take your pick. :)
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Speech,

That is right! I forgot about that one. I agree with you on the healing too. Although I admit, I actually went to a Benny Hinn healing service once. I left the place the same way I went in.. Very unsure of the guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask a research question? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is very simple but the answer to it is not. I am doing a Ph.D. in Management but I do not know what question(s) my thesis is going to address. What is the best way to identify questions in research? What are the steps involved and what do I have to do. I really expect some hand-holding...

Research [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on finding sources on a research paper. The topic is digitization in libraries. Help me

Research [ 1 Answers ]

Dear eperts I'm working on an Alternative medicine project Put I'm stucked in finding statistics on all diseases Like the percentage of how many person is HIV + Around the world+all kinds of wide spread diseases. Please help me with any data or sites relatedA Thanks dear expert

View more questions Search