Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wowsilvermoon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
    What should I do about my ex?
    Hey guys,

I'm going to start with saying that I'm 17 years old.
    My (used to be) boyfriend broke up with me last week. It was on a Friday night.
    I can't stop thinking about him and that's probably normal. But I want some advice from other people. I need a road to follow.

So... here's the story: We were madly in love with each other and I am not sorry that I gave my virginity away to him. He was the one. We had a futur in our mind. We were supposed to get married and have children. He was my best friend and I was his. He told all his secrets to me and I did that too. He always said that he never had someone who listens to him like I do. But that all faded away the last two months. My feelings (butterflies) were fading away. But I still loved/love him. I didn't say anything to him because I didn't know he felt the same way. I asked him sublty if he still felt the same way as in the beginning. He said yes but that was a lie. I can't blame him. I thought of breaking up with him. But I couldn't do it, because I would miss him a LOT. I couldn't bare the thoughts of actually losing him. That's how much I love him.
    But then.. His father had to go to the hospital last week. I wasn't there for him to support him through it. I was so busy with school that I forgot about it. It wasn't my intention to abandon him when he needed me the most. And I know that I wasn't being a good girlfriend to him that time. If I could do it all over again, I would change what I did wrong. I would support him. So.. He broke up with me. He said he didn't love me that much anymore. He still loves me like he loves his mother. But the feelings of being in love were gone. I was devastaded. My feelings were back when he said that to me.
    I wrote him a letter in the hope he would feel compassion with me. But that didn't work out. I went to his house the second day. To see if he really meant it. He did, and he was sooo cold to me. It's like he doesn't even care that it's over. It felt like he forgot about the 2 whole years. That it doesn't mean anything to him.
    We still see each other at school. But he seems so happy, like nothing happened between us.
    I asked people how he's been. He told all of them that he's more than fine. That everything is okay. I can see why (It turns out that his father survived cancer), but that doesn't mean he has to fully forget about me.. right?
    I also found out that he said that it stung a little the night he broke up. Should I believe this? I want to believe it... But I can't. Not after how he handled me.
    Well... that was my story. I just want some advice. Should I let him go? Or is there a chance that we end up together again?

Ps: he was my first boyfriend. We lasted 2 years.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
    It seems you guys were growing out of each other but neither wanted to admit it. When his dad got sick, that was his excuse to do it.
    Leave him alone. I think the reason your feelings came back was because he broke up with you.
    It takes time but you will get past this.

Oct 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
    I am leaving him alone. But I still miss him.. A lot.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 09:29 AM
    And you will for awhile. Stay busy, have fun and those feelings will fade
    Schofimel Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
    I'm 17 and I was with my boyfriend for 3 years.. Sounds like the connection you and your ex had was the same as mine.. It's hard to forget someone that gave you so much to remember and I know how horrible you must feel not to be able to kiss and hug him when you pass him by, thing about us girls is that it seems a whole lot harder to hide our feelings.. Boys seem to show they care a lot less but with his dads good news I think it's made it easier for him to relax about everything.. My advice to you is if you love him as much as you say then fight for it, he's your first and believe me, your not going to find anybody that compares to him! Good luck

Oct 21, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofimel View Post
    I'm 17 and I was with my boyfriend for 3 years.. Sounds like the connection you and your ex had was the same as mine.. It's hard to forget someone that gave you so much to remember and I know how horrible you must feel not to be able to kiss and hug him when you pass him by, thing about us girls is that it seems a whole lot harder to hide our feelings.. Boys seem to show they care a lot less but with his dads good news I think it's made it easier for him to relax about everything.. My advice to you is if you love him as much as you say then fight for it, he's your first and believe me, your not going to find anybody that compares to him! Good luck
    I really want to! But I want to give him his space too. I'm afraid I'll lose him. I told him that I wanted to fight for it and I asked him (second day) if he felt the same way. He said that he wanted to, but he doesn't see any reason why he would try. It hurt me so bad. It still does...
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 10:24 AM
    There is no point in fighting for someone who does not want to fight for you, who says they love you like they love their mother.
    That is desperation and desperation is not attractive.

Oct 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    There is no point in fighting for someone who does not want to fight for you, who says they love you like they love their mother.
    that is desperation and desperation is not attractive.
    I get that. But its been just a week. If I just give up on him now.. that'll mean that I didn't love him as much as I actually do. I'm giving him his space and his time. And it's up to him to decide if he wants me back or not. I'll see what happens. Don't worry, I'm still going to move on. But he'll still have a place in my heart left. If he doesn't take it in an amount of time, I'll move on for good.
    gypsy123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 10:56 AM
    He doesn't feel the same way as you, perhaps the illness in his family has changed him. Doesn't mean he never felt anything for you, it just means things changed.. and you deserve someone who will love you and this guy isn't it the one..

I know it hurts, but it doesn't hurt forever.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
    But its been just a week. If i just give up on him now.. that'll mean that i didn't love him as much as i actually do.
    No it means that you realize when to walk away. When someone does not want you, it's best to realize it .

Oct 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
    I guess you're right... Thanks for the advice. I really needed it!

Oct 22, 2012, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowsilvermoon View Post
    I really want to! But i want to give him his space too. I'm afraid i'll lose him. I told him that i wanted to fight for it and i asked him (second day) if he felt the same way. He said that he wanted to, but he doesn't see any reason why he would try. It hurt me so bad. It still does...

He does love you, trust me.. I split wiv my boyfriend because I fort I didn't want him, he cried for me and he tried everything to get me back.. But I still left, now I moved away and I've realised how stupid I am to have left someone that loves and cares about me so much, we're back together now and I'm trying everything to get back.. It's been a while u 2 have been together, he's confused, leave him for abit and trust me he'll Realize how much he does love you.. I did

Oct 22, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofimel View Post
    He does love you, trust me.. I split wiv my bf because I fort I didn't want him, he cried for me and he tried everything to get me back.. But I still left, now I moved away and I've realised how stupid I am to have left someone that loves and cares about me so much, we're back together now and I'm trying everything to get back.. It's been a while u 2 have been together, he's confused, leave him for abit and trust me he'll Realize how much he does love you.. I did
    I'm so confused right now. He either loves me or he doesn't.
    I actually wanted to see one of your reaction. But I realize that it's useles to fight for someone who already gave up on me.
    What if he does come back? How long will it take for him to realize it? I'm not a bad person but it seems like he doesn't even care about me, I want him to feel what I'm feeling. Just to show him that I do love him and that he hurts me with him being cold to me. My heart wants to love him, but my brain says no.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Listen to your brain honey. You will be better served.

Oct 23, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowsilvermoon View Post
    I'm so confused right now. He either loves me or he doesn't.
    I actually wanted to see one of your reaction. But i realize that it's useles to fight for someone who already gave up on me.
    What if he does come back? How long will it take for him to realize it? I'm not a bad person but it seems like he doesn't even care about me, i want him to feel what i'm feeling. Just to show him that i do love him and that he hurts me with him being cold to me. my heart wants to love him, but my brain says no.

Well the only thing you can do is go with your brain because going with your heart is just going to leave you broken :(... If its meant to be then there is a space for you both in the future, just have fun for now, enjoy being young and independent because one day you'll find the perfect one, if it's him or not, your just going to have to wait and see..

Oct 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
    I found out he loved somebody else.
    Hey guys,

Me again, I found out that he loved somebody else during our relationship. He even asked me for advice. You know.. That kind of story that people say: "A friend of the girl has a girlfriend whom he really loves but he likes the girl too. What should he do?" How shady! He already doubted our relationship for a year. He didn't leave me because "he loved me too much". I don't believe that anymore. If he really loved me, he would tell the truth right? He let me believe that everything was good about him. That everything he did, was great and wonderful and he was the best boyfriend ever. But in reality, he was already busy with some other girl. He never cheated though. He only "loved" her.
    You'll not believe who told me. The girl.. The girl he's been texting with. That made it worse!

I feel so used. It has been going on for a whole year. I can't believe he truly loved me. I can't believe that anymore. It hurts again. I had an image of him built up in my head that got crushed. It's like reality that hits you in the face.

Its been two weeks now. We split up two weeks ago. I can't feel anything for him anymore. Although I still dream of him. I don't want that. I dreamt I kissed him and everything was back to normal. I Hate my dreams. I don't want him back!!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 08:20 AM
    OK now you know where you stand. It's time to accept that it's over and work on moving on. It will take time but it will get better

Nov 5, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    OK now you know where you stand. It's time to accept that it's over and work on moving on. It will take time but it will get better
    He got another girlfriend.. I feel so easily replaced. I feel like I didn't mean anything.
    I know I'm supposed to not know any activity he's doing but we're in the same school and a good friend told me that. Although I didn't want to know such a thing.
    What's the best thing to do now? Move on, I know.. But I need advice on how to be "okay" with it.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 10:07 AM
    It will be hard to be OK with it at first but as you move on, you will no longer care. He is not worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search