Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tboggs 65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Med I can give my cat
    My cat has a small knot at bottom of his tail by his spine and acts like its very sore what can I do for him if in pain
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
    A trip to the VET if they are in obvious pain.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Nothing, human medications are very dangerous and cats have sensitive systems.
    You should ONLY give medications when prescribed or approved by your vet.
    Are there other cats that may have bitten or scratched him?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
    If a cat is showing pain then you can bet that they are in excrutiating pain. It's in their nature not to show pain, especially to people, because it is an indication of a vulnerability. In the animal kingdom, vulnerable animals become targets and are usually killed.

The lump or knot you see could be many different things. Some of those conditions can be fatal. Please seek veterinary attention as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep your cat indoors, preferably in a quiet place - like a large cat carrier, dog cage or a small room in a quiet area of the house. Provide a soft bed, food and water. If there is enough room, include a litter box.

Please check your cat's inner bottom eyelid by gently rolling it down a bit. Then check the inside of their mouth and gums. If the inner eyelid or gums are very pale, then take your cat to an emergency clinic immediately as they could be in shock.

As LadySam said, tempting as it might be, don't medicate. Most human medications are not suitable for cats and even if it would work you would have to know the dosage. Especially do NOT give Tylenol.

Hope this helps. Please update us when you are able.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher took my phone and won't give it back unless I give her $15.00? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, today was a basketball game so all the students got out of class to watch it. Me and my friend didn't want to so me and her hid in the bathroom. I told her that me and another friend were having a fight and that she wouldn't stop texting and spreading rumors about me and a boy in my class. So...

My capacitor went out and they give me another that is smaller so they give me a 7.5 [ 1 Answers ]

Capacitor as well the old one only had one brown wire going to it so I know I hook the brown back to the 7.5 then do I run a jumper off the common on the other and tie it in to the other side of the 7.5

Can I give birth to a baby and give it away without my info on the birth certificate? [ 9 Answers ]

Im married and pregnant by someone else I do not want my name on the child's birth certificate

Can by boss give me a 1099 and then change his mind and give me a W-2? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for over a year for an attorney who classified me as "contract" employee. Under the law, I was not a contract employee, but I needed the job and kept my mouth shut. The attorney is suffering from early onset Alzheimers and I quit the job. Now I can't get a correct 1099 and I've asked...

I don't want to give my boyfriend an std but he wants me to give him oral [ 8 Answers ]

I think I might have caught something from another guy that I had sex with even though we used protection and he said that he had been tested negative and my question is that is I do have something can I give it to my boyfriend from giving him head. I don't have soars in my mouth or anything but I...

View more questions Search