Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Medicare
    Already know about widow's benefits from Social Security. The wife with no record of her own can collect off her husband's record whether he is .living or dead.

But what about Medicare if she is 65, can she get it, if she pays the premium?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
    I am definitely not an expert on this subject but my mother never worked and had no SS record but she received Medicare benefits while my father was living and after he passed away. He was 4 years older than she, and he died at 81 and she at 97. That's the extent of my knowledge on your question..
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2012, 04:22 AM
    Very Good
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 04:33 AM
    Yes she can get it, and yes she will pay for her part B, She may also want to look into some of the Advantage Plans, esp if she does not plan on buying a Medicare suppliment, many provide some coverage not always provided under normal plan
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Very Good To Know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Pro's of Medicare [ 3 Answers ]

On what wesites will I be able to research information about the Pro's of Medicare!

Can someone who has medicare taxes paid in full obtain medicare part A ONLY ? [ 0 Answers ]

Can someone who has paid their medicare taxes in full obtain medicare part A only and does not want part B? Not elegible for Social Security benefits.

If I have Medicare A and B, do I automatically have Medicare D? [ 2 Answers ]

If I have Medicare A and B, do I automatically have Medicare Part D?

OPT - SS/Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched everywhere and never got a definitive answer on this topic... Thanks in advance... My case: - on F1 visa. - student from aug 04 - aug 06 (graduated in aug 06) - on opt sep 06 - sep 07 - working from nov 07

F-1 OPT, SSN and Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This forum is very informative. Thanks for the input of Atlanta Tax Expert! I arrived in US in 1999 and I am on F-1 OPT since Sept 2005. I've heard that people on F-1 OPT are exempted from SSN and Medicare taxes. However, my employer said that since I've stayed in US for more than 5...

View more questions Search