Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasenka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Implanon
    Hi I'm on the implanon for nearly 2 years now and I haven't had any periods al the way through , I'm just wondering am I still ovulating?? /
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
    No, you shouldn't be ovulating- that's why you don't have any periods or at least one of the reasons.

Strangely, this is what makes birth control a good thing, all of the good, healthy eggs are usually used up first so when you're on birth control you don't use any. So when you do want to get pregnant you still have all the healthy eggs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implanon [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have been on implanon almost a year my periods were normal but then I missed one the next month I spotted just one little tiny spot on my tampon but its been 4 months now and still no period I have tsken a home pregnancy it said positive so I took another but said negative so I took another...

Implanon [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I've been on the implanon for several months now, and I have yet to have a period, and I've been having odd symptoms, like an achy back, tender breasts, swollen feet, nasea in the morning, but I don't throw up, food cravings, mood swings and what not. I took two preganancy tests in the morning...

Implanon [ 1 Answers ]

Same here I have been on the implanon for about almost 2 years in October & I recently had sex like a month or 2 ago. And I should have started my period a week ago, on the 18 but I never did . Can I be pregnant? I been having a lot of discharge lately & it's like thick & milky. It sometimes is...

I want to take off my implanon [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I go for taking off my implanon? For free??

Implanon [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on implanon birth control since 05/11/2010 , I breast feed for over a year and while breast feeding I never got periods. I thought it was because of the implonon. But when I stopped breast feeding I started getting my periods back. My concern is that since then (november 2011) I've been...

View more questions Search