Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pimacotton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Hooking Up DVD to Dish 301 Receiver
    How do I connect my new DVD player - with white, yellow and red jacks - to the back of the Dish receiver's red, white and yellow jacks? I've tried but get no picture or sound.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Mar 12, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Hi Pimacotton,
    These are RCA connectors, the red and white are your audio, the yellow is your video. They should be connected from the Audio Out and Video Out on your receiver to the Audio In and Video In on your DVD player. The satellite cable from the wall should be connected to the "In from Antenna" on your receiver. Make the respective connection(s) from your DVD's output(s) to the TV's input(s) using whatever type of cable(s) you use. This should work, just make sure the TV is set to the proper satellite broadcast channel. Let me if you have any questions. :)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Hmm, if it's a DVD player, then it plays only, not record, therefore there should not be any Audio In and Video In.:)

Your Dish receiver has no inputs, only audio/video outputs, so connecting the DVD output to the Dish is not going to do anything. Its like connecting output to output.

What you need to do is connection the Dish receiver output to TV input 1. Connect DVD output to TV input 2. Then you switch inputs on the TV depending on what you want to watch.

What Thomas1970 suggest is correct IF the DVD player is a DVD recorder... ;)
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Mar 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC888
    Hmm, if its a DVD player, then it plays only, not record, therefore there should not be any Audio In and Video In.:)
    You're right. :D That's what I get for getting 7 hours sleep in 72 hours. Normally I'm pretty good with these things. :rolleyes: :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dish network hookups to DVD HDD, TV, and DVD player [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dish Network 301 Satellite box I want to hookup a Pioneer DVD-640H HDD, so I can record from my dish channels to my DVD and/or HDD, I have an older Panasonic TV that has connections: ANT 1, ANT 2, audio (re-white RCA type) and also S-Video input and RCA a/v (yellow-red-white) input. ...

How to connect DVD player directly to Dish Network DVR receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just got a new DVD player and I need some help connecting it. I already had my TV connected to a Dish Network DVR receiver. My TV is older and only has one cable connection on the back of it, which the Dish Network receiver is connected to. When I got my DVD player, I was under the...

Connecting a DVD to The Dish [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my new DVD player - with white, yellow and red jacks - to the back of the Dish receiver's red, white and yellow jacks? I've tried but get no picture or sound.

Sony Bravia HDMI connection to DVD not working (Denon S-301) [ 0 Answers ]

I just got a Sony Bravia and hooked it up to a Denon S-301 using an HDMI cable, and got nothing. Is there some sort of "intelligent search" for components on either the Denon or Sony? If not, how do I get them to recognize each other? Thanks

Dvd/satellite receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to hook up my dvd player through my satellite receiver. The TV does not have any place to plug the red, white, and yellow cords to but the satellite receiver does. I have connected the dvd player to the satellite receiver I just can't get a picture.

View more questions Search