Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SDD86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 12:57 AM
    3 questions. Any ideas?
    First, I am not looking for a speech. I understand WAY more than most how unhealthy this is.

I cut myself. Was several times daily, but since starting therapy only doing it once a day, and actually skipped today. 10 minutes and it'll be a full 24 hours.

A few questions
    1. I have a vericous vein I cut, and found a new vein last night and cut it. I bled, but not like my other v.v's, today it hurts and there is a soft lump under the cut. It doesn't look infected. I clean and disinfectant each cut, and keep antibiotic ointment on them. What could this lump be?

2. Today my other leg keeps getting a Charlie horse, in the upper thigh area, and my lower stomach below my belly button is getting Charlie horses too. The only thing I could find was tetanus, but use clean, not rusty razors. I do reuse them for a few days, but soak them in alcohol and dry. I have TMJ and there isn't any difference in my jaw pain/cracking. What could the Charlie horses be from?

Last 3.In the very off chance I decided to seek out medical attention, can you be forced into a psychiatric hospital even if you're not suicidal. I AM in therapy once a week. Was on celexa but broke out in a rash, and my psychiatrist hates me and doesn't even want to treat me with pills and only wants me to do dbt(but there are no local dbt groups, just "talk" therapy) She could give a crap how depressed I am or how bad my panic attacks are. They said they were going to give me cymbalta, but now they won't return my calls. No other option as this is a state run center and my insurance(state) won't cover anyone else.

If it matters I have BPD, GAD, PTSD, and clinical depression
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 02:19 AM
    No, just for cutting you will not be sent in patient for mental valuation, you would have to be a danger to your own life or the life of others.

Next you are already seeking medical counseling and if there is a issue, the hospital can confirm that with them.

I well may be an infection, really sounds like that, and even clean knife or razor sometimes can cause it, I almost lost a finger from a new shaving razor once that got infected.
    SDD86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 04:12 AM
    I've been admitted before and it was a ridiculously scary experience. Not really up to go back.

I'm thinking about heading to urgent care when they open at 9 because that spot went from not looking infected to me squeezing it, and it draining pus.. so that's a pretty obvious sign of infection. Weird though because it isn't overly red, just a swollen lump.

Thanks for not being judgemental by the way. Not trying to sound like I'm in denial. I've just heard it all, and I know what it can do. First infection thought. Fingers crossed maybe this will kick my butt into stopping. Blah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free answers to my Valiant Combi boiler questions questions [ 0 Answers ]

My Valiant Combi boiler keeps firing up every 10 minutes and won't stop how can I control this please Thanks Diana

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Rewrite these questions into indirect questions. [ 2 Answers ]

1-What other changes have there been in the last 100 years? 2-Do you think the quality of life in general is better now than it used to be? 3-Can computers ever replace teachers? 4-Do you agree that there are too many cars? 5-In what ways has life changed for you in the last few years? 6-What...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

Need some ideas on interview questions using the buyer decision process [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me to come up with some interview questions for my marketing class. I have to find two people the made a purchase for the same type of service or product using the buyer decision process.

View more questions Search