Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbchap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Tile a shower floor
    I am remodeling a bathroom. It an an existing fiberglass shower basin. It is not cracked put it is discolored. I don't want to make a new basin. I was wanting to know how to use the existing basin and tile it with 1" travertine tiles. On the walls I am putting 12" travertine tiles.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
    The fiberglass will likely flex and the tiles will pop off...

I'm unaware of a good way to adhere tiles to a fiberglas pan.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 11, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Some hints are in here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/interi...oor-70907.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Stall tile floor [ 1 Answers ]

I converted a standard tub area with a tiled shower stall. The floor of the shower stall is tile. Under the floor tile the guys that did the work put cement board and then laid the tile directly on the cementboard. The grout keeps coming out and some of the tiles are loose. We pried them out,...

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

First Floor Shower Tile Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It...

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

View more questions Search