Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Marijuana /Methadone treatment for neuropathy
    A 77 year-old suffering from diabetic neuropathy tried marijuana (digestible) for the first time---after about 40 minutes he said the pain had gone away for the first time in forever. (He has also been taking methadone.)
    However, the next morning he said the pain in his arm was worse than before---does the pot act as an counterindicator for the methadone? Or should he substitute the pot for it?
    discowayne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
    I'm a 36 year old with type 2 diabetes and I suffer with neuropathic pain. Marijuana works (for a while), however the best help I've found is Omega 3,6,9 capsules. I take them 3 times a day and it helps with the insulin uptake and really works for the pain. I've tried so many different things and this is the only thing I've tried which is reliable.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Whether pot has any contraindications when used with methadone, I don't know, but even if I did, I would hesitate to say because this is a question that goes hand in hand with what he should be discussing with his doctor with what to take. And you are asking second hand, making it even harder to ask questions.
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
    [Thanx for your input:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TENs unit and neuropathy [ 1 Answers ]

Where would be the best location to attach a TENS unit to help with my neuropathy?

Diabetic neuropathy [ 1 Answers ]

I need a pain reliever that's going to get me through my 10hrshift I'm in a lot of pain all day an all night

Neuropathy Support Formular [ 1 Answers ]

This web site for Neuropathy Support Formular states that these vitamin packed pills can help with nerve pain from neuropathy. My husband's pain level is so high. His feet, legs and hands are already affected by this disease. He is receiving the highest level of pain medications but unfortunately...

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

Peripheral neuropathy clinics [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find hospitals in PA or Md or NJ or Ohio that have peripheral neuropathy clinics? I have a dropped foot ;an EMG shows damage to deep peripheral nerve.

View more questions Search