Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheJoelster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Market Demand Function in Perfect Competition With Q=2
    1. The market demand function for good Q is: P = 10 – 0.5Q. The average cost of producing a unit of Q is constant and equals 2.

a) Assume the market for Q is perfectly competitive.
    What is the equilibrium price? What is the equilibrium level of Q? How large are consumer surplus and producer surplus?
    What is the equilibrium number of firms in this market when the industry is a constant cost industry?

b) Assume the market for Q is a pure monopoly. Find the equilibrium price, demand, consumer surplus, profit, and deadweight loss.

c) Which tax, when introduced in the competitive market, would lead to the same consumer surplus and the same deadweight loss as was obtained in the pure monopoly? How do profits in the monopoly market and tax revenues in the perfectly competitive market compare?

Check out some similar questions!

Perfect Competition Demand and Supply [ 2 Answers ]

I have an assignment due and I was just hoping that maybe someboyd could confirm with me my answers.. . The question is: Demand in a perfectly cometitive market is P=100Q. Supply in that market is P=10+Q. What is the market equilibrium and quantity? Given the price and quantity, what is the...

Perfect competition [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in first-year university I was told that this idea is the base of microeconomics. I'm kind of confused about it, so I tried a few sample questions. Namely, I had trouble answering the following questions regarding perfect competition: 1) How can I justify the assumption that all firms in...

Perfect competition and monopoly [ 1 Answers ]

What is the economic theory for perfect competition and monopoly

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.