Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessdiva19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 02:57 AM
    What happens when your vitamin b12 blood level is high in children
    My child had some blood tests taken and they were asked to be repeated as his vitamin b12 levels have come back high,he is nearly 5 years old.
    Does anybody know what this can mean,like what can be the cause of it?
    I am very worried after I googled it,can someone who knows something reply soon please.
    Many thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 04:37 AM
    Dietary supplements, salt, are two of the causes of excessive B12 in the bloodstream but the difference depends exactly where it is concentrated in the blood. Were you with his pediatrician when the blood tests were discussed? This information can be received from his pediatrician, or why did you not ask this question of the doctor? I urge you to discuss this with your son's pediatrician.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Dietary supplements, salt, are two of the causes of excessive B12 in the bloodstream but the difference depends exactly where it is concentrated in the blood. Were you with his pediatrician when the blood tests were discussed? This information can be received from his pediatrician, or why did you not ask this question of the doctor? I urge you to discuss this with your son's pediatrician.
    PS... B12 is naturally occurring in the body and with any supplement such as with vitamin pills, body eliminates what it doesn't need. If B12 accumulates, then the reason for this must be brought forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What foods/meds can cause a high creatine level in my blood? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi: My doctor says I have a high level of creatine ( not sure of spelling) in blood. Before I undergo a bunch of expensive tests, I though I might be taking something that caused the elevated level. I noted that you said there are about 40 different things that can cause it to be high. I also...

High vitamin b12 [ 2 Answers ]

What are the numbers for high vitamin b12

Fruits needed in high blood urea level? [ 0 Answers ]

My Grandmother has blood urea of 210 and creatine 2.6.Please suggest fruits she should take?

Increased level vitamin b12? [ 2 Answers ]

My uncle's vitamin b12 level has crossed 9000.he's going into depression also.he is also a diabetic.I want to know what can be the consequences of this elevated vit b12 level?and what should we do to control it as he's a vegetarian.

How high is high blood urea level [ 1 Answers ]

How serious isBlood urea level of 170

View more questions Search