Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellibenz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Kitten urinates outside litter box.
    My 5 month old kitten has been fine until today, when she went to pee. She started going in the box and then finished standing up and going on the wall!! Yikes!! She has plenty of water, I feed her kitten chow and 1 tablespoon of wet food in the morning and evening. What do you think the problem is? She just got a clean bill of health 2 weeks ago from the vet.
    Emily Rae Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 02:18 AM
    She's probably just learning :) Move the box away from the wall so she aims better, it up to her to get it right :) If she is walking and weeing she might have a sore tummy or is just being impatient, monitor her over the next couple of days and if she keeps doing it and appears ill then take her to the vet

Emily Rae
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 05:27 AM
    It's time to check into getting her spayed.
    At 5 months of age she is starting to mature and could possibly be going into heat.
    By standing and urinating ON something she may actually be marking.
    Try a larger or covered litter box, but check into getting her spayed also, you will have a much happier, healthy pet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten pees in and outside the litter box [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old kitten that will use the litter box 90% of the time but 3 times a week she will pee behind the washing machine less then 3 feet away. She will always poop in the box but pee sometimes behind the washing machine. Could this be stress? I'm a total loss. Please help... any...

One kitten litter [ 1 Answers ]

My cat delivered one kitten seventy two hours ago. How can I know if there are other unborn kittens inside her? Her tummy is big but something just feels different when I rub it. Is it possible she could only have one baby?

Kitten with litter box problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is coming up on 15 weeks old. We trained him to use the litter box and we have seen him use it. Our problem is this: He KNOWS how to use the litter box but apparently refuses to do so unless he wants to. We are finding piles all over our home and he is the ONLY one not...

Kitten does not understand use of litter box [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago, I took in a kitten that was meowing outside my window. I fed her well and she quickly adapted to my household which contains three other, older cats and a sick dog. No problems there. By yesterday, they were all good buddies. My problem is that she will not use a litter box and...

View more questions Search