Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bking10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Difference between moisturizing lotion and moisturizing cream
    Hi. Struggling with a VERY dry and tight skin just around the corners of my mouth, been TRYING so many different moisturizing creams and lotions. At the point where I don't know which one is better and will actually have a longer LASTING moisturizing effect and get rid of this totally dry skin around my mouth... Any suggestions as to use the moisturizing lotion or moisturizing cream? Thanks
    TechSupport Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2012, 06:06 AM
    From Discovery Health "Are creams and lotions different?":

We can define lotions and creams just like the oil you put in your car -- by their viscosity, or how thick the product is. Lotions are low viscosity, which means they're thinner. That's why they usually come in a bottle that you can squeeze or pump. Lotions are also lighter and a little less oily than creams are. For these reasons, people with normal skin probably only need to use lotion to keep their skin moisturized.

Creams are high viscosity, meaning they're a lot thicker than lotions. Creams usually come in jars, because they're so thick it would be difficult to squeeze them out of bottles or pumps. They typically work well on dry skin because of their extra protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire lotion vs cream [ 4 Answers ]

Which one is more effective? The cream or lotion?? Or oil? Thanks

How long before moisturizing? [ 1 Answers ]

How long should I wait after I apply the skin lighteners, before I can moisturize? I was told not to mix the regular lotion with the skin lighteners. So if I apply them separately, how much time should I leave between the applications? Should I wait an hour or is that too soon?

Skin application of glutathione (added to moisturizing creme) [ 0 Answers ]

My lower legs have darkened skin (I am otherwise very fair and have diabetes II). The dark skin occurred when I had a severe water retension episode about 3 years ago. The Doctor put me on a diuretic and iron tablets (both Rx). I do not know if these things are connected. All I know for sure is...

Bio Claire- Lotion or cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking about purchasin Bio Claire cz I heard so many good things about it. Im the same complexion as gabrielle Union and I have acne prone skin I want to know which is better, the lotion or the cream?:confused: and your experiences:)

Aveeno Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion [ 1 Answers ]

The instructions say that one chamber might run out before the other when using the darker shades. How will I know that that has happened? Will the whole flow of lotion stop or what?

View more questions Search