Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CoEcko Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
    I think my friends boyfriend likes me
    Everyday at lunch my friends boyfriend always sits next to me. Yesterday he told me I had pretty eyes and I think he was flirting. After I come home from school he always texts me and I think I like him but don't want to ruin his and my friends friendship. But I have a boyfriend too but I am on and off about him sometimes. So what should I do? Should I tell him that I like him or not? Please help
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2012, 02:12 PM
    I think you should say, "I have a boyfriend and you are dating my friend. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or ruin my friendship so we have to keep it at just friends". If your friend moves on from him later on, and you and your boyfriend break up, you can date this boy later. For now, it would do more damage to your friendships than it's worth and create a lot of obnoxious drama and hurt feelings. If you aren't into your boyfriend any more, you should break up with him and try to be nice about it so you can stay friends. This other boy needs to be respectful of his current girlfriend - if he treats her badly by flirting with you on the side, imagine how he'll treat you once you've dated a while and it's not new and exciting any more. If a boy isn't honorable to other people when he starts dating you, he won't be honorable to you later on. Always remember that.
    randalhall Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Just be onist with him if you like him go out with him and if you like him to go with the one you like best that is my advise and I am single
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 4, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randalhall View Post
    just be onist with him if you like him go out with him and if you like him to go with the one you like best that is my advise and i am single
    SMH! Onist? Seriously? It's honest! Onist isn't even close to being a word!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2012, 10:37 AM
    It's not "honest" to interfere in your friend's relationship. That's called "cheating". Some people think that they must blurt out their every thought or feeling to be "honest" but that can be wreckless and hurtful and it's entirely appropriate and honest and ethical to keep some things to yourself.

You do not show interest with or flirt with another boy when you have a boyfriend. You do not flirt with or show interest in a boy who is dating someone else, most especially if they are dating your friend. It sounds like you are really young - these young relationships tend not to last very long, so wait it out. Break up with your boyfriend - you aren't that into him and are wasting his time. Hang out with the girls and groups of boys and girls and don't worry about getting another boyfriend right away. Watch how this boy treats your friend. If he treats her badly by coming home and texting you, flirting with and complimenting you - well, he'll do the same when he's dating you, but with some other girl.

That doesn't make him a bad guy, but it does make him a guy who is not ready in his life to be committed to one girl in an exclusive dating relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really like my friends ex but she still likes him too! [ 2 Answers ]

My friends ex broke up with her a few months ago and she can't seem to get over him. A few days sago he asked me out and I really like him but she will get mad at me if I do what should I do?

My friends boyfriend's friend likes me but I don't like him. [ 4 Answers ]

My friends boyfriend's friend likes me but I don't like him.. help! I don't know how to let him down gentley without upsetting my friend? And my friend is always with her boyfriend and sometimes his friend is there a lot as well, so it will be awkward between us next time I see him:/ Help...

What does it mean when my ex wants to be friends but he likes me a lot [ 6 Answers ]

I'm so confused, angry, hurt, and determined. About two months ago my boyfriend decided we should take a break because he had a lot of things going on in his life. So he wanted to get back in track but didn't want to loose me in the process. We still talk and hang out like we were a couple. The...

View more questions Search