Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ann_grisez Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Bruises on legs after illness
    I am just getting over a terrible about with the flu. I had fever for most of the last week and have spent most of my time asleep in bed or on the sofa. I have hardly had any activity as even walking across my house leaves me tired and out of breath.

My issue is that my legs have been spasming a lot in the last few days and I have noticed a large bruise on my right calf. I am only 27 and I don't think I really need to worry about blood clots in the legs do I/ and it wouldn't show up as a bruise would it?

I really figure I am being crazy but I would appreciate it if you would share your knowledge.

Thanks!
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ann_grisez
    I am just getting over a terrible bout with the flu. I had fever for most of the last week and have spent most of my time asleep in bed or on the sofa. I have hardly had any activity as even walking across my house leaves me tired and out of breath.

My issue is that my legs have been spasming a lot in the last few days and I have noticed a large bruise on my right calf. I am only 27 and I dont think I really need to worry about blood clots in the legs do I/ and it wouldn't show up as a bruise would it?

I really figure I am being crazy but I would appreciate it if you would share your knowledge.

Thanks!
    Blood clots don't typically present as bruises. Typically a DVT, or deep vein thrombosis, in the leg will present as pain, swelling, and sometimes redness in the affected area. But like most things things in medicine, nothing is 100%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental illness [ 12 Answers ]

Are there any government programs that will train the mentally ill for employment? Thanks, L.E.

Stepdad left bruises on my son's face [ 18 Answers ]

Just a few days ago my ex called and told me that her husband had slammed my son into the his bed and forced the side of his head onto the mattress, leaving a bruise on my son's face. My ex was not home at the time when this happened. When I confronted the stepdad, I wanted to kill him, however I...

Do I have mental illness [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have mental illness?I can't control my anger always.. I easily get mad and want to turned something to a big fight always.. How do I deal with my anger management problem?is there any medication for this?

Illness or liar [ 1 Answers ]

someone I know has this problem where her husband says horrible things to her during bedtime and then he doesn't remember them the next day. Once she had a medical emergency and he said he didn't care whether she went to the E.R. or not and to figure it out her f*&^%$# self. When she heard some...

View more questions Search