Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    198200900 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 04:38 AM
    cost accounting questions
    PLEASE ON THIS QUESTIONS

3. For the relevant cost data in items (1) to (7), indicate which of the following is the best classification:
    (a) sunk cost
    (b) incremental cost
    (c) variable cost
    (d) fixed cost
    (e) semi-variable cost
    (f) semi-fixed cost
    (g) controllable cost
    (h) non-controllable cost
    (I) opportunity cost

1) A company is considering selling an old machine. The machine has a book value of $15,000. In evaluating the decision to sell the machine, the $ 15,000 is a …..

2) As an alternative to the old machine, the company can rent a new one. It will cost $10,000 a year. Analysing the cost-volume behaviour the rental is…

3) To run the firm’s machines, there are 2 alternative courses of actions. One is to pay the operator a base salary plus a small amount per unit produced. This makes the total cost of the operator a…

4) As an alternative, the firm can pay the operator a flat salary. It would then use 1 machine when volume is low, 2 machines when it expands, and 3 during peak periods. This means that the total operator cost would now be a….

5) The machine mentioned in (1) could be sold for $11,000. If the firm considers retaining and using it, the $11,000 is a….

6) If the firm wishes to use the machine any longer, it must be repaired. For the decision to retain the machine, the repair cost is a …

7) The machine is charged to the foreman of each department at a rate of $13,000 a year. In evaluating the foreman, the charge is a …
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2012, 05:42 AM
    We'll mark your efforts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting [ 3 Answers ]

I want different sets of questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting for free. I am a teacher in this area

Cost accounting questions [ 13 Answers ]

Cash Budget for the coming month - all sales are made on account: Beginning balance - 50,000, Accounts Rec - 180,000 Budgeted Amounts - Sales 800,000, cash disburse 780,000, depreciation 25,000, Ending Acct. Rec. Bal. 210,000 1-Need Expected cash balance of the End of the coming month...

Cost accounting questions-urgent [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Can anyone help me.. I can't solve this assignemnt :confused: help me .u can see the attached file The following information was taken from the books and records Abc Manufacturing for the year ended 31st December, 2006. --------------------------Units------Cost ($.) Sales during...

Cost Accounting journal questions [ 4 Answers ]

Cost accounting journal questions. My company is Walmart. You can find these information under the following sites: yahoo.com - finance section, Free SEC Filings Email Alerts - SECFilings.com, edgar-online.com . 2. Based on publicly available information for your company, can you tell if the...

I have a few questions about cost accounting [ 3 Answers ]

1. Cochran Corporation has a plant capacity of 100,000 units per month. Unit costs at capacity are: Direct Materials $4.00 Direct Labor 6.00 Variable Overhead 3.00 Fixed overhead 1.00 Marketing -...

View more questions Search