Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Acquaman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Upside down
    Can the panel be in upside down? And how far away from the sink or hot water heater does the panel have to be? I'm looking for a new location for panel. Thank you tony
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
    As long as the main breaker moves side to side, as opposed to up/down, there is no "upside down". Main breaker on top or bottom is fine.

There is no separation from a sink or water heater. As long as the 30" wide working space is maintained. And so you know, the panel does not need to be centered in the 30" wide space. The panel can literally be placed right next to a sink ro water heater, as long as thee is 30" clear wher the panel is mounted.
    The panel just needs to be placed somewhere in a 30" wide clear space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upside Down Car Loan [ 2 Answers ]

I have been paying my car loan for the last 4 years and got laid off. I missed 3 months of payment and now I am facing repossession. What options do I have? I just found another job and really need the car. I am upside down on the loan and I owe more than its value.

Display upside down [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter was playing on the computer and she was typing on the keyboard and now the display on my screen is upside down? How do I get it back right side up

Desktop is upside down [ 1 Answers ]

How do I correct this? My desktop is upside down.

Upside Down [ 1 Answers ]

Everything in my computer is upside down how do I fix it?

Fan on upside down [ 1 Answers ]

The "Fan" motor in my air conditioner. Outside failed and the conditioner froze up. I had it repaired by a tect who installed the fan upside down. The Tect said that the blades were on the wrong way and installing it upside down would work just fine. It just looks wrong to me, but it is working....

View more questions Search