Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Lying
    Hello:

If you lie to a grand jury and the FBI, and you obstruct a criminal investigation, it's OK and you should be pardoned - if you're a right winger. I don't know. I thought the right wingers were the law and order party.

If I lied to a grand jury, I don't think anybody would think it's cool. Would you? Why should a government official get a pardon for doing it? Maybe the next time I'm called, I'll just cite Scooter.

excon
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Scooter Libby received a pardon?

I was unaware of this, but then, I don't get much American news up here.

As to why Bush has/or will do it?

Libby was most likely the fall guy, carrying out the orders of VP Cheney. Therefore, when you are into it that deep, pardon away.

Clinton did the same thing when he left office, he what, signed over 100 pardons?

One thing politicians can agree on, right or left, is to support your friends. If your friend or someone you are in debt to needs a favour and you can provide it, you can. Left, Right, they are all corruptible in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying to dcfs [ 2 Answers ]

If a person gives a false statement to a dcfs worker during an interview what measures do I need to take to show dcfs that they are lying? A lawyer told me it didn't matter.

I have a serious problem in lying [ 7 Answers ]

I want to share my problem as I can't help it. I have a growing business as I'm really enthusiastic about it. But the real problem is that I have to speak lies to make it grow, But the real thing is as soon it is done a feeling of guilt appears instantly Also in some cases I really don't want to...

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very bad problam with lying to my husband about every thing even the little stuff like what I had to eat for lunch and stuff like that, this problam is leading my marriage into the ground I need help CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

Husband is lying [ 19 Answers ]

My husband seems to be obssesed with his childhood friend. They have been friends for over 10 years. Before we married he promised me that he wasn't the kind of man that liked to hang out with his friends. He lied. He goes to his buds house about 2-3 times a week and get home at 1 am or sometimes...

I have a problem with lying [ 11 Answers ]

I admit I have a problem with lying. I feel the need to lie my way out of a situation because I can not handle the pressure. My dad says that I am a pathological liar, meaning I lie to make myself feel better about myself. Somewhat of this is true, I lie to make myself think I have done something...

View more questions Search