Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Commission only laws in tn
    I work as a diesel technician in Tenessee. We are paid commission-only based on Blue-book hours for each job or repair we perform.
    When there is no work, we are required to stay on the premises (Although we are not performing a task) and are not compensated for these hours.
    Is the employer required to give SOME compensation, since they require us to be present?
    Can the employer make the decision to leave without negative consequences?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Tennessee follows federal law for its Labor Laws.

Labor Laws Regarding Commission Only Jobs | eHow.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 01:39 AM
    I will say the job as described is the same for many people, insurance agents, tattoo artists and more.

If you leave and someone drives in, who is going to fix it THEN.

The issue I see is, how often is there no work ? Are you discussing a hour or two here and there, or is business so bad, there is seldom work?
    godsguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
    Work is steady most of the time, although it seems there is always a terribly slow spell on Election year. Lately it has been only a couple of hours at a time, but at times, as much as 5 hours of boring down-time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the wage and hour laws for commission sales in TN [ 10 Answers ]

My brother works for commission only for a Canadian company that has offices all over the U.S. When appointments are made by their office, he goes out to the individuals home and gives an estimate for the product. He is not paid for his gas, miles,etc. Now they are telling them they have to turn...

Commission pay [ 3 Answers ]

If I am only scheduled two days a week in the office to see clients (monday and friday) for a set commission, can my boss take one of those days away from me when he is in a bad mood? He did not let me see any clients on Monday because he was upset about where I hung a picture. I have called the...

Commission pay [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 1099 insurance agent whom my employer is with holding my pay for a bogus reason. Can I take her to small claims over my commission? I am paid 2 x;s a month so can I do this over and over again?

Commission pay [ 2 Answers ]

Can expenses reduce commission pay?

View more questions Search