Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2012, 04:13 AM
    Thickening Agent
    When I use flour to thicken chicken broth, I always get lumps. I even used Wonder
    Granulated flour same problem. People have told me, the liquid is too hot and I am
    Boiling the flour.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Best bet is making a roux with the flour, mixed into butter, to a paste, then add it to your liquid, or mix flour and water using a whisk and beating it until there are no lumps, and if you are still not sure, strain it through a seive. The liquid has to be hot but not boiling while adding the thickener.

However, you can always use corn starch mixed with water and that is foolproof for no lumps but the flavour is different.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Best bet is making a roux with the flour, mixed into butter, to a paste, then add it to your liquid, or mix flour and water using a whisk and beating it until there are no lumps, and if you are still not sure, strain it through a seive. The liquid has to be hot but not boiling while adding the thickener.

However, you can always use corn starch mixed with water and that is foolproof for no lumps but the flavour is different.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get clearing and forwarding agent licence in kenya? I wanted to be an agent. [ 0 Answers ]

How to get clearing and forwarding agent licence in kenya? I wanted to be an agent.

Uterine Walls Thickening, now cramping and passing large clots [ 0 Answers ]

I was told nearly two months ago that a vaginal ultrasound has shown me to have a thickening of the uterine walls. I can't get in to see the GYN I was referred to for several more weeks. In the mean time I have been bleeding since March, and now I am getting such severe cramps I feel like I am in...

Thickening of bladder wall [ 1 Answers ]

What could cause thickening of a bladder wall. My husband does not have an infestion.

Thickening my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair recently and I like the colour but it seems really thin and brittle has anyone got any tips to thicken your hair and give it more body?

How to become an agent [ 2 Answers ]

I want to become an agent who sell properties online but I am not sure where to start so can anyone help me

View more questions Search