Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kumar Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2007, 04:55 AM
    Insulting a person to get the Job done.how disgraceful!
    What is the limit of making other, hard to crack persons, (feel) insulted / humiliated?
    To get the job done from them?:mad:

Morally how far is this the correct way?:mad:

(My friend used to work with a MNC in the capacity of Middle Level Administration & he used to tell me that his Boss last Tool was to Insult the staff personal if they didn't mend their ways as per his wishes!)
    Your views are welcomed.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 06:41 AM
    It is not the correct way, first of all, to ever insult and verbally degrade another person. It does not matter in which situation, it is morally wrong. In the workplace, such actions are also legally wrong - it is a form of verbal harassment. That being said, it is not as easy to prove. One needs complete and thorough documentation and proof. Using intimidation, insults, putdowns, name calling, etc. in order to "crack" a employee is not legal. Not here in the United States.

Now before you take this and run with it, what exactly is this boss/supervisor/manager saying to this person, these people, in order for them to get their "work done". What prompts this behavior? Why aren't the employees performing their job duties to specifications? Have they not been trained? What don't they understand and why do they not understand? Is there something lacking in their motivation?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 06:46 AM
    There are different ways to motivate people and the one you mention ranks pretty low in the western world of management styles. Sometimes culture plays a role in the acceptance of threat, fear and coersion as a management style.

More here.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Hello again, kumar:

This isn't an issue or a cause. I think you think your personal problems are causes. excon
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I know at my work place that style is most used.

It may not be legal but it happens all the time. With no union and people wanting to keep their jobs, people just put up with it.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kumar
    What is the limit of making other, hard to crack persons, (feel) insulted / humiliated?
    To get the job done from them?:mad: .
    The limit is up to each individual. Some people can handle a great deal of humiliation and insults. Some cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by kumar
    Morally how far is this the correct way?:mad:

(My friend used to work with a MNC in the capacity of Middle Level Administration & he used to tell me that his Boss last Tool was to Insult the staff personal if they didn’t mend their ways as per his wishes!)
    Your views are welcomed.
    For a person to even begin this method of intimidation to promote work out of people, is unethical and not considered proper work conduct. So, morally it is wrong.

As Jesushelper states, it happens all the time.

If that style of management is allowed, or encouraged in a workplace, there are limits as to what one person can do about changing the environment. If the person you are concerned about is truly at a breaking point, and there is a human resource department, they should file a complaint. Otherwise, the only alternative is to quit the job and/or file a lawsuit against the employer/manager.

Mar 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, kumar:

..........You think jerk bosses mean something to society and should be discussed. They don't, and it doesn't.

excon
    Hello excon: This means Shygrneyzs, NeedKarma, Jesushelper76 & RubyPitbull all r wrong if they all r discussing the issue at all!:confused:
    (u may be right at one point of selecting an issue under wrong TOPIC as the same became confusing some time)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
    You really do not make much sense, Kumar. Not in this post anyway.

Mar 11, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, kumar

...... You think jerk bosses mean something to society and should be discussed. They don't, and it doesn't.

excon
    Hello excon
    I never put this... jerk bosses issue in the Topic of "Society & Culture"
    & You are mixing 2 different issues "Society & Insult" into one.
    (like if mixing "Wrong Gift & Lemon Tree" into one ?)

excon you agrees that's Okee mokee, when... no reply found!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

I loaned a person [ 2 Answers ]

I loaned a person $1500 4 years ago at 20% interest compounded monthly. How much money is owed me today?

How do you know the authencity of a person? [ 13 Answers ]

How can one know the authencity of a person? What qualities would you look for to know if a person is sincere and honest.

Will I have kids with this person? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if I would have kids with this person. My name is Tishanna 9/17/1978 Dwayne 12/26/76 Thanks

View more questions Search