Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Oct 13, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Male Logic 101
    This question may sound odd but I want some clear opinions/advice.
    I have a male friend of 5 years and at this point he got out of a bad relationship for almost 6 months now.
    Last night he went to a B-Day party of another guy friend's, and he WAS drunk (so maybe this is the answer to my question) But between he kept texting me saying : There are a lot of pretty women at this bar, but it doesn't matter-I am going home soon to talk to you, you're way prettier than them, they don't drive me crazy at all in the way you do. I don't care about them.

Now some info: This man and I are NOT together, but we both have expressed feelings for each other.

However, why would he stress that there were other women at the bar he was in? It is obvious that women are everywhere... is he trying to make me jealous? Reassure me, or is this just drunk guy talk?

Opinions?
    Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
    It means: "compared to all the women here I'd rather be with you."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Awwww, that could be the first sentence of a romance novel! I think I will write it.

Oct 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It means: "compared to all the women here I'd rather be with you."
    Thank you so much NeedKarma! I wasn't sure if he was saying it to impress me or whatnot-I'll admit I'm a bit sketchy around trusting men these days (was in so many abusive relationships that my mind is often clouded and I can have biased views)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Never dwell on the words of a drunk. Is this the guy with the 5 month old daughter?

Oct 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Awwww, that could be the first sentence of a romance novel! I think I will write it.

"There are a lot of pretty women at this bar, but it doesn't matter--I am leaving soon to be with you. You're way prettier than they are and they don't drive me crazy at all the way you do."
    Thank you Wondergirl :) But just to be on the safe side, do you think he was being cheesy/full of hot air, so to speak? *He really did leave the bar by the way and came home to talk to me-so I think he's actually genuine, but I sometimes have trust issues!*

Oct 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Never dwell on the words of a drunk. Is this the guy with the 5 month old daughter?
    Not at all, Talaniman. I took the good, wise advice of Homegirl from past posts and cut that man out of my life.
    And you're right, this other man WAS drunk but I don't know HOW drunk-he was still able to text me very well without any evidence of slurred speech
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Rule of thumb, take time to see if actions and words match, and have fun getting to know them as friends. I know you have had a few trust issues, and who doesn't when it comes to the heart?

Especially some one out of a bad relationship. Friend or NOT!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 01:41 PM

"There are a lot of pretty women at this bar, but it doesn't matter--I am leaving soon to be with you. You're way prettier than they are and they don't drive me crazy at all the way you do."

That was his entire text message. Yes, we are friends, but definitely not boyfriend-girlfriend, and not even dating. How did that thought crawl into his head? Where is he? He must be crazy drunk at some bar and having a bit of fun at my expense.

I decided to watch the evening news before getting ready for bed. A simpering newscaster carefully read from the pages spread in front of her. There had been the usual gang fights in the city and more flooding in several Southern states and don't forget a holiday weekend is approaching with no mail delivery on Monday. I was startled out of my apathy by the loud ringing of my doorbell.

[to be continued]
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 01:44 PM

That was his entire text message. Yes, we are friends, but definitely not boyfriend-girlfriend, and not even dating. How did that thought crawl into his head? Where is he? He must be crazy drunk at some bar and having a bit of fun at my expense.

I decided to watch the evening news before getting ready for bed. A simpering newscaster carefully read from the pages spread in front of her. There had been the usual gang fights in the city and more flooding in several Southern states and don't forget a holiday weekend is approaching with no mail delivery on Monday. I was startled out of my apathy by the loud ringing of my doorbell.

[to be continued]
    LOL, don't leave us hanging!!

Oct 13, 2012, 01:56 PM

[to be continued]
    Errr no need to be sarcastic, Wondergirl. Talaniman is right-I DO need to take time, I was just unsure of whether anyone else was going through a near similar experience and I just wanted a bit of clear advice.
    Sorry to have seemed childish, but I'm in no way rushing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlackKat View Post
    Errr no need to be sarcastic, Wondergirl.
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. YOU (and he) are going to write this romance for me.

Oct 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. YOU (and he) are going to write this romance for me.
    Well, thanks for your help.
    And I'm glad he and I could be of help in regards to your story too, it'll be a best seller I bet.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlackKat View Post
    Well, thanks for your help.
    And I'm glad he and I could be of help in regards to your story too, it'll be a best seller I bet.
    I'm waiting to hear your next adventure so I can continue writing my romance novel. :)
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
    LBK, make sure she pays you for her inspiration!

Oct 13, 2012, 02:35 PM
    I'm waiting to hear your next adventure so I can continue writing my romance novel. :)
    I wouldn't hold my breath-I've gotten all the help I need for a while! And I have you to thank

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LBK, make sure she pays you for her inspiration!
    Her success is key to my happiness :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? I don't have a monitor. I want to use my laptop monitor with my desktop.

Why is my 1yr old male pug trying to hump my male puppy dashund [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 1 yr old male pug and when we first brought home our new puppy which is also a male but a mini dashund at first our pug did the stare then the stiff then suddenly it tried to hump the puppy. I don't know why and is there a way I can stop this from happening?

Spayed male Beagle.- all other male dogs humps on him! Can I Stop it? [ 4 Answers ]

My male Beagle is 14 months old. He´s been spayed for almost 4 months now. Almost every time we found another male dog in the park, the other male dog humps him with evident matting intentions. This, on top of being really annoying is also becoming a problem when they become aggressive . My dog...

Male incarcerated and spouse whereabout is unknown.Male wants a divorce. [ 1 Answers ]

Male is incarcerated and his spouse whereabout is unknown. They have been separated from for 10 years. He wants a divorce. What steps can he take while incarcerated to achieve a divorce?

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

View more questions Search