Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cookie1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Kittens under 12 Weeks and Fleas
    I have 8 week old kittens and unfortunately they had fleas, didn't come from a clean home :) I took them straight to the vets and they were treated with Stronghold and was told that in 2 hrs they would be all dead.
    Well they are not all dead and its been 8hrs, there is not as many as first noticed but I keep finding live ones big uns when I comb them through.
    I am worried that me combing them is combing the Stronghold out and if I bath them will I wash it off, I have read on a lot of websites that you can wash the kittens if they let you but I'm worried, what do I wash them with shampoo washing up liquid (mild ones) naturally.I have kept them in our bathroom away from the other animals in a warm bed please can someone help me out I am not sure what I can do as they are so small. Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Here is the best website on Google I could find and it says to use Dawn dishwashing detergent

How to get rid of Fleas on Kittens - United States
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
    The fleas you are most likely seeing are dying - fleas that are well are pretty much impossible to catch.
    They are still on your kittens most likely because they are in the environment. They are jumping on your kittens then getting killed.
    Are there other pets in the house besides the kittens? They will need Stronghold/Revolution too.

Also, brushing will not brush off the Stronghold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get fleas off kittens under six weeks old? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three four week old kittens that have quite a few fleas on them. I need to find something I can use to get rid of them. I also have a boxer and a Dalmatian dog and I do not want a problem with them and fleas. What do you recommend that I do.

Fleas on kittens [ 3 Answers ]

I have an outdoor cat who just had a litter of kittens. We brought the kittens in and the mom apparently has fleas so now the 4 day old kittens have them also. If I treat the mom with something like frontline, will it help with the kittens also? I don't want to bathe them yet its too cold and they...

Fleas on kittens [ 5 Answers ]

My cousins kittens have fleas, all over them, they just opened there eyes so I'm guessing there like 10-12 days old, and she doesn'T know how to get rid of them. When I noticed them I immediately stopped touching them afraid that I would bring the fleas home to my dog.:eek: And she wasn'T even...

Fleas on Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 day old kittens have fleas. How do I treat them?

Kittens and fleas [ 5 Answers ]

I have four kittens that have fleas and I don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you

View more questions Search