Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arabeseque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Why does my cats stomach look swollen
    I have an 11 year old Maine Coon named Scoobie. In the last week his stomach has swelled so much he looks pregnant. He acts hungry at times and not at others. Purs when loved. I cannot afford a vet right now either. Do to his age I am so scared of what may be wrong. It was like in a few days his stomach swelled. What may be causing this?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
    What comes to mind is either fluid retention for some reason, perhaps cardiac in nature or FIP.
    Another thing that comes to mind is a tumor.
    These are only guesses and it could be something else entirely.
    An exam shouldn't break the bank, however testing and diagnostics may get expensive.
    I would take him in for an initial exam and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my puppys stomach swollen [ 4 Answers ]

I have a six week old pit bull puppy and all of the sudden her stomach got really big and swollen with a bump of liquid on like her belly button and she shakes often when sleeping any ideas of what this is?

Swollen stomach with hardness [ 3 Answers ]

I have noticed that my bowel movements which used to be once a day are now sporatic coming once every three days. My stomach looks like it is all puffed up and feels like jello, and I have a hardened area about 3 inches above the belly button area. It feels a little sensitive when I push down on...

Mom cats teats swollen, nursing kittens not deficating. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a mom cat (Church) and she had four kittens on 03/21/2008. On April 7th I had taken one of the kittens to the vet because I noticed she had labored breathing and she was not nursing. She started gasping for air, shook a little, and died in my hands before the Dr. was even able to see her. ...

My cats got a swollen eye [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon, everyday when I come home my cats greet us at the door. Well today our older cat who is my baby has a swollen eye. When we looked at it doesn't appear to be cloudy or anything to suggest an infection. I'm not quite sure what I should do. I've read that putting warm compress on it...

View more questions Search