Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 07:29 PM
    First I would hug her and caress her and find out how she felt about it, then I would hold my tongue and think to myself that my hating her boyfriend could be a big part of the reason that she is pregnant, and I would shame myself for it. I then would give her all the support that I could, telling her every day that I love her and that things have a way of working out.
    nikki66rqs Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey19
    How would you react to your 19 year old daughter coming home and telling you that she is pregnant by the boyfriend you hate.

She works but still lives at home. Also she has just had surgery on her knee so it most propbably isnt the bes of timing but how would you react?
    I would support my grandchild as best as possible.

Making sure that the grandchild (your child) had his/her needs taken care of... that is in your child's best interest to show his/her what a family is.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Bieing a parent means that you are there for your child no matter what may happen. If my daughter came to me at nineteen and told me that she was pregnant.. at first I would be disapointed, but in no way would I shut her out. She is my flesh and blood... and nothing in the world changes that. It sounds like your mom is being selfish and is not thinking clearly. If you told her that you wanted the baby.. then she should be there for you.
    lilli Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey19
    How would you react to your 19 year old daughter coming home and telling you that she is pregnant by the boyfriend you hate.

She works but still lives at home. Also she has just had surgery on her knee so it most propbably isnt the bes of timing but how would you react?
    Well.. lol.. my 17 yr old daughter is pregnant. This is her senior year in HS and I was MORTIFIED!! But, as time goes on I am past the fear, the headaches and the "daymares" as I like to call them.. and I can only guide her as best as I can.. and leave the rest to GOD.. her, and nature. Be happy that your daughter is working.. and already is showing signs of maturity [the job, TELLING you about this BEFORE she is in labor-some kids actually DO THAT to their parents!! ]. And for me, it helps to remember that this isn't the end of the world.. its just a rough patch that you can't walk for her... just give her the best directions you can, and hope that she follows them. I wish you and your family well. And remember... it could be worse.. it can ALWAYS be worse. Be thankful that your still young enough [im guessing] to be there to help her... to listen. And always.. most importantly to love her. And remember!! LOL!! HER DAY IS COMING!! LOL.. and you'll be young enough to not only SEE it.. lol, but to remember it as well.. when HER kids do things to make her hair stand on end!!
    GOD bless!!
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2012, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey19 View Post
    Thank you for your advice. The thing is I have just got this fantastic job working in Central London it is a Massive bank and everyone including myself are worried whether I will still have a job at the end of it, Mainly because I have been working from home the last 6 weeks because I've had an operation on my knee.

Once I told my family they all went mad. I had already made my decision on keeping my child, but more and more members of my family have said they are wiping there hands of me or have an abortion.

Do I have an abortion and me be unhappy for the rest of my life to please my family? Or do I have my baby and risk losing memebers of my family?

IN NEED OF HELP SERIOUSLY!
    If you do not want to have an abortion, then by all means do not have an abortion. You will probably regret the abortion for many years to come. Some members of your family will probably change their minds especially after the baby is born. Take it one day at a time, and take care of yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do/did your friends and family react to your skin lightening? [ 6 Answers ]

What were their reactions to your skin lightening? Did they like it, hate it, mad at you, happy for you, etc.

My 14 Year-Old Daughter is 5 Months Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

Of course my heart is broken, however, I love my daughter more than words can express and she is pregnant. My daughter is 14 and her boyfriend is 16. I'm not interested in pursing action regarding the age of the boy, but is it illegal for a 16 Year-Old boy to have sex with a 14 Year-Old girl? ...

How would you react? [ 15 Answers ]

How would you react if your 17 year old daughter came to you saying she is dating a 21 year old man- and they have been dating for 5 months?

I told you so! [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - CNN/DOBBS: W FULFILLS HIS DAD'S DREAM OFA NEW WORLD ORDER

What happens when I react.. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know, what products are made when I use the reactants sulphuric acid and sodium carbonate Many thanks:confused:

View more questions Search