Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p1212 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 11:21 PM
    ".is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
    Dear All,

I have an external HDD in which I have made a partion T. When I was transferring my data (name for example xyz) from desktop computer to the external HDD in T folder, the transfer, in the midway, failed because of failed connectivity of my external HDD to desktop computer, so I tried another time to transfer the same folder but I got following message:

"T:\ is not accessible

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

What is more pathetic is that I could not even delete folder "xyz" from my external HDD, it gives me above message.

Previously also it happened and I just re-formatted the whole T and then again transferred all data of 6 GB, but it is cumbersome just for the "xyz" folder I have to sacrific all otherdata approx 5.5 GB erase and transfer again after re-formatting.

I would be thankful to you if you kindly give me a solution for this problem, I think the problem is also with connectivity also, as it just remains for 10-15 minute, after which my external HDD starts beeping but surprisingly I do not have any problem using my 512MB pendrive in the same USB connection.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 11, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Is your pc recognizing the external hard drive?
    p1212 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
    This is in reference to the answer offered by SHAVED

Yes, my PC recognizes the external HDD and the data in other partition of the same HDD is also fine. Even the other data on the same folder (e.g. except 'xyz' folder) are also accessible. I tried another way in which I made xyz (an empty folder) in my PC's HDD and tried to replace it with xyz in T on external HDD but it gives same message.

I want to know how can I delete the directory which receives such a message (given in my question).
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Try connecting the external hard drive to a different USB port, assuming its connected via USB.

There may be files in xyz that is causing the problem. Instead of copying all at once, copy in batches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

How to file "Married filing jointly" when one is on H1B and spouce on F-1? [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you very much for your feedback for the question on social security and medicare taxes not withheld. I have another tax related question I was hoping you could answer too. As I mentioned in the previous question, I am on H1-B (resident for tax purposes), while my wife is on F-1 visa as a...

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search