Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imunplugged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Can federal CAF number be used on state returns?
    I use a CAF number to sign my daughter's federal tax returns on her behalf. Can I also use it to sign her state tax returns?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Depends if the state accepts the CAF number as an adeqaute power of attorney to sign the state tax return. A phone call to the state tax department should get you the correct answer.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
    I assume your daughter is an adult, correct? If she is a minor you don't need a CAF number at all.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 12, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Good catch, ebaines!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal and state Tax returns on OPT/CPT 2011 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am on CPT until December 2011. The would move into my OPT from December 17th itself. My employment authorization is OPT/CPT. I am an Indian and can make use of the India US taxt treaty too. This is my first paycheck ever for 15 days. My annual pay is 65000. I just got my first paycheck...

Federal and State tax returns. [ 1 Answers ]

Does a Florida S corporation have to file tax return if there is no income or loss for 5 years.

Tax returns(Federal and State) for employee under OPT and H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am from India and working as an full time employee towards a State University under my OPT. my Gross income is <= 50k and I live in Michigan. I know I am exempt from Social Security and Medicare Taxes under OPT. But I am not sure If I will get full tax refund of both Federal and...

Resubmitting Federal and State tax returns [ 1 Answers ]

I am a permanent resident in USA for last 5 years and have sumitted Federal and State tax returns on regular basis jointly with my spouse. We even got our tax refunds as and when applicable. We now realize that we probably should have some alterations, and may like to resubmit some of those...

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

View more questions Search